Gibson Brands Forums

off today for second neck surgery

pete c

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

I may be looking at that one myself later on as the years go by -- right now it's not too pinchy, just chronically compressed next to the T1 no matter what the chiro does :)

Yay fun...... spines, back pain, neck pain....

Hope you're back to playing soon.

Yeah Pete I've had the injections in series of 2 or 3 at least one or twice a year for the last decade or so, I've had the nerve burning done three times and had 6 surgeries on my back so far. Hope yours is a little simpler but it sound like you have some challenges also. Getting hard to get through the airport with all the metal in me now the TSA just doesn't seem to get the concept. They actually asked me if I had anything to show the implants before the last flight I took I just looked over and said dang I forgot to bring a x-ray and asked if scars worked as proof, they just looked at me and put me in the grope line. [cursing]

Yeah Pete I've had the injections in series of 2 or 3 at least one or twice a year for the last decade or so, I've had the nerve burning done three times and had 6 surgeries on my back so far. Hope yours is a little simpler but it sound like you have some challenges also. Getting hard to get through the airport with all the metal in me now the TSA just doesn't seem to get the concept. They actually asked me if I had anything to show the implants before the last flight I took I just looked over and said dang I forgot to bring a x-ray and asked if scars worked as proof, they just looked at me and put me in the grope line. [cursing]

I keep these pics on my cellphone because my surgeon informed me that he "didn't fool with" the plastic ID cards that most states require by LAW for every recipient of a metallic surgical implant.

Y'all ask your Drs for one....maybe they're not an a** like mine was.

GarysCam050.jpg

GarysCam052.jpg

Hope you improve daily pete !!

not too much improvement in pain today, but its only the second day [crying] i asked my doc about the implant card and he told me the titanium wont set off the metal detectors?

i did find an odd side effect from the perks, they give me a wicked case of hiccups [confused]

Second neck surgery? Why do you need two?!

(sorry.. couldn't resist)

Seriously though I hope it all goes better than they expect and you're not laid up for as long, though if you are I'd be happy to recommend some great video games or books to pass the time.

Cheers and good luck!

not too much improvement in pain today, but its only the second day [crying] i asked my doc about the implant card and he told me the titanium wont set off the metal detectors?

i did find an odd side effect from the perks, they give me a wicked case of hiccups [confused]

narcotic hiccups are the worst !!

another side effect you should be aware of is that they "dry out" anything in your lower intestine.....

plenty of water, and someting semi greasy every day and you should be alright.

be well bro'

Pete Feel better soon - Percs give me some strange and very colorful dream but that beats staying awake thrashing around in pain. It will get better which is what you always have to remember all in all Ive had 52 surgeries so getting past the pain and through rehab has become kind of normal for me at least. just remember pain goes away and chicks dig scars... ( quote stolen from Keanu Reeves in his football movie)

I have several doctors and they all say that none of them have ever given anyone a card for internal bracing. My surgeon said the only card he is even aware of for doctors to issue is for implanted device like pacemakers or insulin pumps not plates, pins and screws - It's not a big deal I also have a artificial right leg so I'm never getting through a airport line without being groped anyway. Last year the TSA did come out with a form to be filled out by people with medical needs or issues but honestly the TSA people I've met in the last couple years aren't smart enough to recognize there own forms let alone what to do with one.

strangely I do have a card for the artificial lens in my right eye guess it tends to freak people out in security scans so it has a wallet card explaining what it is.

As long as the TSA continues to ask me if I can remove my artificial leg before I walk through the line,. I'm not thinking a card is going to help too much anyway.

Pete Feel better soon - Percs give me some strange and very colorful dream but that beats staying awake thrashing around in pain. It will get better which is what you always have to remember all in all Ive had 52 surgeries so getting past the pain and through rehab has become kind of normal for me at least. just remember pain goes away and chicks dig scars... ( quote stolen from Keanu Reeves in his football movie)

I have several doctors and they all say that none of them have ever given anyone a card for internal bracing. My surgeon said the only card he is even aware of for doctors to issue is for implanted device like pacemakers or insulin pumps not plates, pins and screws - It's not a big deal I also have a artificial right leg so I'm never getting through a airport line without being groped anyway. Last year the TSA did come out with a form to be filled out by people with medical needs or issues but honestly the TSA people I've met in the last couple years aren't smart enough to recognize there own forms let alone what to do with one.

strangely I do have a card for the artificial lens in my right eye guess it tends to freak people out in security scans so it has a wallet card explaining what it is.

i thought i had alot of surgeries im up to 14 now but 52 wow!!! [thumbup]

As long as the TSA continues to ask me if I can remove my artificial leg before I walk through the line,. I'm not thinking a card is going to help too much anyway.

Here's to a speedy recovery!

Can't lift anything heavier than 5lbs?

Hmmm sounds like a new light guitar is in order? [thumbup]

yea tried that and was shot down, i was told i would heal and be able to play the guitars i have now. [thumbdn]

Archived