Gibson Brands Forums

off today for second neck surgery

pete c

got to be at hospital for 10am then ill be laid up till end of aug. going to be a long boring summer [thumbdn]

Pete, best wishes for success with your neck surgery (until I read your note I thought you were referring to your guitar, not yourself. [wink] ).

Maybe you can catch up on some good reading at the time you're laid up, if you can't play your guitar.

thanks for the well wishes, got home a few hours ago and took a nap.

anistesia wearing off (sorry spelling) and perks kicking in [biggrin]

the doc told me i cant lift more than 5lbs till i see him in aug, ill have to get the wife or kids to get my lp out for me.

pp_c I dont know what would be worse my neck or guitar neck lol

again thanks guys....

Wow you are back home?

When I had my neck surgery the nerves that go from my spine to my left hand were so damaged that the doc kept me on morphine for a day.

He was surprised I was doing so well a few days after the surgery.

Wow you are back home?

When I had my neck surgery the nerves that go from my spine to my left hand were so damaged that the doc kept me on morphine for a day.

He was surprised I was doing so well a few days after the surgery.

i had the first surgery in dec, and went home the same day. the first one they fused c5&c6 together, this time they ground out some bone to decompress some nerves at c7

Glad it went well and your home. Listen to the doctor though and follow directions and restrictions - backs and necks aren't fun when they get too screwed up. I'm going in thursday too have the nerves burned off again in my lower back. Haven't had it done in a year, so they say it will take four plus hours it's not a big deal they do do it with needles and electrical current so no cutting but damn I hate the way I feel for a few days after being out under general anesthesia for 4-5 hours.

bender, they didn't give me a collar. they screwed a titanium plate in place of having to wear a collar. ive got a copy of the x-rays on cd. i want to figure out how to put it in my sig. lol

Glad it went well and your home. Listen to the doctor though and follow directions and restrictions - backs and necks aren't fun when they get too screwed up. I'm going in thursday too have the nerves burned off again in my lower back. Haven't had it done in a year, so they say it will take four plus hours it's not a big deal they do do it with needles and electrical current so no cutting but damn I hate the way I feel for a few days after being out under general anesthesia for 4-5 hours.

Wow, retrosurfer1959! Previously I been getting Facet Injections in the Lumbar region of my back. What you're having done, that's what my doctor (Pain Management doctor, i.e.) told me they'll have to do to me next time. Doesn't sound too pleasant, but if it does the trick, I guess that's what really counts. Best wishes!

Wow, retrosurfer1959! Previously I been getting Facet Injections in the Lumbar region of my back. What you're having done, that's what my doctor (Pain Management doctor, i.e.) told me they'll have to do to me next time. Doesn't sound too pleasant, but if it does the trick, I guess that's what really counts. Best wishes!

retro i hope all goes well with shots, they wanted to do that to my neck just to be positive. doc told me i had to be awake for the nerve block, and it would only last 10hrs. i have a huge phobia of needles the mri and other tests showed what the problem was.

so i opted out of the shots.

both surgeries i had on my neck wasnt as bad as i expected. there is pain after but it seems to pass pretty quick. as far as back surgery i dont know how that will feel after. i know ice and heat does alot for the pain and stiffness

Archived