Gibson Brands Forums

LP Traditional Bigsby

Silenced Fred

The Bigsbys with the 0s (B70 vs. B7) are the foreign-made ones, right?

I've seen the quality of the foreign made ones vs. the U.S. made ones debated back and forth on various forums, with some arguing that of the newly made ones the foreign-made Bigsbys actually are of more consistent quality. Anyone here have any experience with both who might offer an opinion?

It says "Genuine Bigsby® B-70 tailpiece"...

But maybe they're being sly.

Where does the Schaller stuff come from?

All I'm saying is, for not much more money on retail, you could get the American made over import.

I believe Schaller is German, but I have mixed reviews on the Schaller bridge

All I'm saying is, for not much more money on retail, you could get the American made over import.

I believe Schaller is German, but I have mixed reviews on the Schaller bridge

Ah well, they put plastic bridge pins on their acoustics, too.

A little 007 I did. I am disturbed a little.

Why does one have to DIG to find out where something is made? Why can't the maker just put right on their own website what the differences are, what it is, and where it is made? Front page, just tell us what it is. Thank you.

Bigsby's are still made in Kalamazoo. Kalamazoo is NOT that far from the Gibson factory. How much cheaper is it really to have then made and shipped all the way to Gibson vs. getting the American made ones made by your bros just north?

I'm going to say that is hypocritical.

I'll just wait for someone to explain this to me or the negative responces before I go on.

I've commented on Gibson bridges before. Why can't they stop cashing in on old designs and advance the bridge. They could easily fit rollers in their normal bridge as you can buy aftermarket ones. The Schaller bridge is too big and looks tacky. Why can't they fit locking tuners or a locking nut? Plus it should be an original Bigsby not copy.

I've read that some of the parts (like the tuners) on Fender American standards are made in China.

I wonder if the same is true for some parts on regular Gibson models.

This b-70 wouldn't bother me if the guitar wasn't so expensive but when they cut costs like that and then increase the price they can suck it.

I've read that some of the parts (like the tuners) on Fender American standards are made in China.

I wonder if the same is true for some parts on regular Gibson models.

This b-70 wouldn't bother me if the guitar wasn't so expensive but when they cut costs like that and then increase the price they can suck it.

I wanna put Grovers on my LP, since we are talking about tuners.

I don't know, all I'm saying is that for a small percentage in retail cost, not even wholesale, they could have had a Bigsby B7. I think it is stupid on their part to go with the licensed series, it doesn't add confidence.

I agree, if it was an Epi, I would expect a B-70, but for the Gibson costing so much, it better have the real one on it. That's a huge markup for them to just install a bigsby on an LP when even if you bought it new and took it to a luthier for a "professional installation" it would not add 3-400 dollars on the price of the guitar

I'll be sure to post pics as soon as AmplifiedParts gets my Bigsby in stock...

yup and throw on a vibramate for 45 bux and youve got a tailpiece that can go on your p90 'paula and your trad pro!

vibramate [thumbdn]

Make the commitment and properly mount that Bigsby.

Archived