Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone else NOT care for "The Hangover"?

heymisterk

Everyone is talking about the sequel.

When the first one came out, everyone was talking about how great it was. So finally I saw it. :-k

I think there were some funny parts, but I didn't see what the big deal was. All my friends - most of whom were seeing it for the second or third time - were spitting out their beer from laughing so hard.

Am I missing something here? I had seen "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" - a movie I consider in the same genre - and laughed my a$$ off.

So, anyone else having a Hangover hangover? [confused]

Never saw it. Never cared. Movies nowadays suck so badly people go crazy for the ones that are only decent. I mean really, almost all movies are in 3D and its the same as 2D, i dont notice a difference. But ive heard Thor was good, so i may go check it out.

.... All my friends - most of whom were seeing it for the second or third time - were spitting out their beer from laughing so hard. Am I missing something here? .....

Most definitely.

Just wondering . . . . do you ever hang out with "the guys"?

And I don't mean metrosexuals: (Dictionary>> young straight stylish urban men - a young, straight, sensitive urban man who is unashamed to enjoy good clothes, stylish living, the art of decorating, and improving his personal appearance.

Regular, guys - beer, liquor, football, baseball, boxing, bars. Like that.

No slam here. Just wondering.

Because I laughed my a$$ off. And so did all the other guys I know that saw it.

I thought I was the only one. I heard about how funny and awesome it was for so long and then I watched it and I was amazed at how lame it was with all that hype. I thought it sucked.

I mean of course it couldn't live up to all that hype, but it wasn't even close for me.

I've actually really come to enjoy crappy modern horror films though. IMO they're funnier than most comedies.

Most definitely.

Just wondering . . . . do you ever hang out with "the guys"?

And I don't mean metrosexuals: (Dictionary>> young straight stylish urban men - a young, straight, sensitive urban man who is unashamed to enjoy good clothes, stylish living, the art of decorating, and improving his personal appearance.

Regular, guys - beer, liquor, football, baseball, boxing, bars. Like that.

No slam here. Just wondering.

Because I laughed my a$$ off. And so did all the other guys I know that saw it.

Ironically, the guys who thought it was the funniest and whose house I watched it at are gay. Not clear what "type" of guy has anything to do with it; lots of women thought it was hysterical too. Just because you laughed your a$$ off doesn't mean it was funny to all; just because you thought it was funny doesn't mean your humor should be a yardstick by which all humor should be judged. I enjoy beer, liquor, etc. and am not a metrosexual (thank for the definition; that took effort), but I don't bite ears off or sexually assault women either...

Right, not a slam... :-"

I thought I was the only one. I heard about how funny and awesome it was for so long and then I watched it and I was amazed at how lame it was with all that hype. I thought it sucked.

I mean of course it couldn't live up to all that hype, but it wasn't even close for me.

+1

I think part of the problem was the hype, but the bigger problem was that it was a generally crappy movie. But people get very defensive about this movie, as one response in this thread illustrates.

Ironically, the guys who thought it was the funniest and whose house I watched it at are gay. Not clear what "type" of guy has anything to do with it; lots of women thought it was hysterical too. Just because you laughed your a$$ off doesn't mean it was funny to all; just because you thought it was funny doesn't mean your humor should be a yardstick by which all humor should be judged. I enjoy beer, liquor, etc. and am not a metrosexual (thank for the definition; that took effort), but I don't bite ears off or sexually assault women either...

Right, not a slam... :-"

Wow.

Anyway. You asked the question - "Am I missing something?" I was just trying to give an answer (never wrote you were a metrosexual). Sorry if I offended you. As far as the movie goes, it received good reviews and a world wide box office take of $467,483,912 - a critical and box office hit. You're either missing something or it's just out of your range of taste. That's cool. It's a kind of humor that appeals to some people and not others. Sure, gay guys can like it - gays can be "guys" too. Some people are not into sophomoric "guy" humor. My brother-in-law is gay, has a partner and they have five kids - they all loved it. In fact millions of people thought it was funny and liked it. But your just not one of them. That's not my yardstick, that's a fact.

Love it Zack Galifianakis is hilarious, not to mention having The Dan Band in any movie for a wedding is pro. Not sure how the second one will be, there wasnt really much left in the first one to base a solid sequel around, to me it seems like they are just jumping on the sequel band wagon to make another few bucks off the name at this point. If you found the first one hard to follow the second may be even worse, though it will have great parts to laugh at. Rumor even has it the guy that did Mike Tyson's face tattoo is suing the producers for likeness of a tattoo they gave Stuart (I believe was the one who married the stripper in Vegas)

I liked it alright I guess. I mean, Galifianakis (its ok, he can't spell his name anyways) is funny, but the sequel is going to be bad. It's the exact same movie, but instead of Vegas, its Asia. Instead of finding a baby, they find a monkey, its just stupid.

But lets be honest, will I see it? Probably because my friend is going to make me :rolleyes:

I thought the Hangover was hilarious..I'm not gonna bag people out cos they didnt like it, it's your personal opinion and taste whether you do or not....

I'm just sayin i thought it was pretty awesome, however i don't think the second one will be as good. the hangover was one of the movies where a sequel shouldn't follow, it should be left as is...it is, so far, looking like its just copying the first in a different location. I will go see it though, it might surprise me and actually be good.

Funny note, as I was writing this the trailer for the movie appeared on tv....hehe

Archived