Gibson Brands Forums

a couple new pedals

Dub-T-123

photo-176.jpg

smallsound/bigsound **** overdrive. I asked for the cat they normally look different. This is an overdrive that really fits my style quite nicely. I'm really diggin adding just a touch of dirt to my clean sound. The stomp on the left is a momentary swtich that engages or disengages the "****" mode. The **** mode is basically gated OD and it sounds really cool.

photo-173.jpg

Rythym & Denotation "Suicide King" Foxx Tone Machine clone. I'm sure most of you know what a Tone Machine is. If not, it's a Ge fuzz from the '70s with a switchable upper octave effect. It sounds super nasty and really puts out that old school psycadelic fuzz tone. I got this thing for pretty cheap and I'm quite impressed with it.

Not many demos of the ss/bs **** out there but I'll try to hunt some down for you guys. The Suicide King was a one-off so there aren't any demos of this particular pedal that I'm aware of but it pretty much sounds like a Tone Machine...

Thanks man! I didn't choose the image (I got the pedal used) but I like it too. It's actually probably got the finest single-color screenprinting job I've ever seen on a pedal. I'm into screenprinting so I notice that stuff haha.

I don't know how much the original owner paid for this pedal but the quality and sound are excellent. I definately got a good deal on it. If any of you guys want a clone of something built for you, hit up Rythym & Denotation! They do great work for fair prices. They do current and vintage pedals.

Love the cat one, looks so random [lol]

Nice, wheres your demos?

Haha thanks I have a black cat so I asked him to do that. It is pretty random.

I got stuck playing with my new toys and forgot to post demos. I'll try to find some good ones.

Here's a link to the page for the OD. I believe there is a link to some clips at the bottom of the page.

www.smallsoundbigsound.com/products/****-overdrive/

you're gonna have to replace the **** in the link with f u c k (with no spaces).

Honestly though, this is a pretty new pedal and I haven't heard a clip yet that does it justice at all. They all sound like they're recorded with the mic on a camera. I'll still try to find better ones, but don't let the clips turn you off on it. It sounds awesome in real life.

This is probably the best demo of it I've heard yet.

after playing with the **** some more, I have a few things to say about it.

It's incredibly transparent in the lower gain settings (whether it's advertised that way or not). It adds a little bass and changes the highs a bit, but I'm amazed at the clean boost it does. It does a very true clean boost. I think it's so transparent mainly because of the eq section. Instead of having a "tone" knob it has a high-cut. It really keeps your original tone in tact and adds a tasty little somethin.

The gain range is big. It goes from clean boost to totally overdriven.

It has very low noise and can be loud as hell.

..... Have you gotten your Lex yet?

Today. B)

Thanks for asking. You've got a great memory. I've been checking it out, playing my LP through it. Very high build quality and came with the AC-to-DC power supply (nice). Amazing effect with plenty of adjustments. Dialed back it can give you some really cool guitar effects. Dialed up it gives you those unmistakable Leslie sounds, which is wild coming from a guitar. I'm loving it, but I can see it isn't for everyone.

Dang, Dub. Been reading up on that FÜCK pedal and my ears started tweaking like Rush Limbaugh when he hears the word oxycontin. How is the blown tube setting?

And that cat decal is super cool.

Awesome! I'd really like to check one of those out for myself. They sound great in the demos.

Yeah Strymons are great. They're expensive but you get what you pay for. I'm glad to hear you're liking it. Now you need to check out the El Capistan.

Thanks Fred. It's pretty *****in I'll try to record some clips soon. I'm off to go jam right now. I will probably **** everything.

Dang, Dub. Been reading up on that FÜCK pedal and my ears started tweaking like Rush Limbaugh when he hears the word oxycontin. How is the blown tube setting?

And that cat decal is super cool.

Lemme get back to you on that after this jam sesh.

Ok so after the seshhh...

Without thinking about it, I left the **** on the whole time. I set it so that it wasn't really distorted but it really thickens everything up in a nice way. But yeah basically it's a pedal that you can leave on all the time because it sounds good.

I didn't use the **** switch very much but when I did it was really cool for explosive little bursts. I actually take back when I said it's basically gated OD. It doesn't sound gated it's different. The effect is more prominent on the attack of the note rather than on the decay like gated stuff. It can also be a sortof subtle crackly sound on top of the regular OD.

So I have to say this pedal blew my mind.

Also. The R&D Tone Machine is ridiculous! evol I know you would freak over this thing. It is a wackyass fuzz. I am loving it way more than I expected. Best NPD ever.

Yeah but if you want distortion there's plenty of gain on tap. It's not a high gain drive but it brings teh rock. I know it's only been one day but I think I'm in love.

Also

photo-177.jpg

I don't want to be a quotard, but this is worth it. That's so awesome

I'm jealous as hell

Kimbabig wishes Kimbabig's wallet was bigger. [sad]

Oh and my Ts808 copy came in. It's the big red box.P1050214.jpg

The Ac-2 came off, I couldn't justify keeping it on there, even as a bedroom player, as I never used it.

Here's something I still kick my *** about giving up. Back when I was way bigger into metal and the only thing that mattered to me in a pedal, was how much gain it had. P1040182.jpg

Really wish I had it back.

The Foxx clone is so much more awesome than I was expecting. I kinda got it just to check it out but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep it. It's actually suprisingly tweakable I thought it would be a one trick pony but I was getting some awesome really low gain fuzz + ring mod sounds last night. The octave is really prominent in it and not just up around the 12th fret. If you play softly it sounds so creepy.

I haven't opened it up yet but damn it sounds really good. You should definately make one. It's some of the coolest fuzz I've heard.

Who built the ts808 clone Kimbabig? That Morley pedal looks sweet.

Be jealous Fred.. Be very jealous.

Archived