Gibson Brands Forums

Show in two weeks

Silenced Fred

June 11 we go on at 9:05. I hate PMs lol

We gotta fill a 40 minute set, so we should do Ina Gada da vida

save the best for last, engage the audience between songs and don't rush the songs. We all have that habit, to rush the songs when playing in front of crowds...take you're time and enjoy it...

save the best for last, engage the audience between songs and don't rush the songs. We all have that habit, to rush the songs when playing in front of crowds...take you're time and enjoy it...

Yup, I have to really work on crowd interaction. I think the Black Keys said it best in an interview when they were asked why they pretty much play a straight set, and don't talk to the audience that much, its just because they're nervous and introverted. I used to think that was weird before we played our show, but I can totally relate. The music and everything is all planned out, but crowd interaction is not so that is one thing I seriously need to work on.

The other main thing is the building a good set list, which is an art. How to keep the audience interested. I have gone to a few of the post hardcore shows at the venue and being so loud and a small area, all of the songs sounded the same especially when you have three guitarist, full gain, etc all fighting for sonic space.

I'm hoping for a good show, and I think we can pull it off

Fred, I might go. I'll wear a white speedo and I will bring my bic lighter. I'll yell freebird occasionally while perched atop mark's shoulders.

I can't wait.

Sadly, I already pictured it..I'm BLIND lol

Good luck with the show Fred. Everyone gets nervous, even the greats. Sometimes nervousness means less mistakes :)

Archived