Gibson Brands Forums

NGD for my daughter and a few other photos(pic heavy)

swleary

Cool stuff, I have some cash coming and should be here in less than 30 days one thing I will be doing is getting my grand daughter a 3/4 size guitar since she is only 7 years old.

I'm pretty impressed by the Epiphone's. Set up real nice, sounds good and plays real nice. I was actually surprised that it was such a nice guitar at a very good price :)

I'm pretty impressed by the Epiphone's. Set up real nice, sounds good and plays real nice. I was actually surprised that it was such a nice guitar at a very good price :)

can you play the intro to "nothing else matters" on it?...jus sayin [biggrin]

The comment I liked best about the purchase: "Jasmine picked her."

I think that's more likely to keep her pickin' than a real Gibbie Dove - although if you were prepared to buy it, that's cool too if she'd made that choice.

The girl's smile kinda tells the story, and it's a good one.

Congrats to you both.

m

She has listened very well to me over the years. I've always been one to say " the player never finds the guitar, the guitar finds the player". It paid off very well. I was not about to drop that kind of money on a Gibson just yet but could be a reality in the future if she keeps practicing and showing interest. She'll be a teenager very soon so we all know how that goes when it comes to sticking with something but I'm sure she'll still play.

She has listened very well to me over the years. I've always been one to say " the player never finds the guitar, the guitar finds the player". It paid off very well. I was not about to drop that kind of money on a Gibson just yet but could be a reality in the future if she keeps practicing and showing interest. She'll be a teenager very soon so we all know how that goes when it comes to sticking with something but I'm sure she'll still play.

can she get "slash tone" from that bad boy? [biggrin]

... Nothing against the "real thing" Dove, but I've ended up the past cupla years taking an entirely different view at Epis. That was an error for decades on my part, as far as I can tell.

m

Very cool pics!!!

Makes me think of where i will be in 12-15 years...i´m going to be a dad next month and i´m very excited!

Oh man, please pray now that it's a boy and not a girl. They don't call me phsyco dad for nothing lol

Btw pics taken with a canon SX20is...nothing special but gets the job done.

Congrats, that is so cool!

Great photos, great all around!

Is that an Epi Texan (I just couldn't tell)? Lucky young lady.

Cheers.

It's an Epiphone DR-100 dreadnaught. Nothing special but a forsure step up from what my daughter had. I good step in the right direction.

Oh man, please pray now that it's a boy and not a girl. They don't call me phsyco dad for nothing lol

Btw pics taken with a canon SX20is...nothing special but gets the job done.

i just pray that it's healthy...but i already know that it's a girl - and i'm very proud!

Archived