Gibson Brands Forums

no guitar for a week

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest FarnsBarns

I posted yesterday that I was bitten by a dog. Well, I don't normally use a pick, look at the state of my index finger.

IMAG0052.jpg

I don't even dare to play with a pick. If that piece of nail catches a string it'll be agony.

Guest FarnsBarns

Rip the piece of nail off and wrap a bandaid around it and you'll be set.

Er....No.

BTW, see the low spot on the centre line of my finger?

That's where the tooth went through, and I mean through, there is an exit wound in my finger tip. I have a kind of numbness on the finger tip which I am hoping goes away. I soaked it in antibacterial floor cleaner.

Uh . . . oh . . .

Numbness . . . . nerves broken/cut.

I had a fingertip injury like that (a piece of metal about .125" diameter went in pretty deep). Fingertip was numb for about a year until all the nerves got straight.

I hope it goes better for you.

Guest FarnsBarns

I expect the dog got pissed considering the low blood content of my alcohol stream at the time. I have no idea, dog and owner made a quick exit. I didn't blame the dog or the owner, I was warned that it was an unfriendly dog.

I'd have to say go to a doctor or emerge to make sure there is no nerve or broken bones. If it checks out ok then polysporin on it , twice a day after you throughly wash it with an anti bacterial soap. Fungus is very common on figertips so just watch for that as well. One other note, any redness is a good sign it is infected. Watch your veins on your arms and chest as this would point to a blood infection. If this does happen (doubt it will) straight to emerge for antibiotic therapy.

Guest FarnsBarns

Are you certain the dog is current on it's rabies vaccine?

Can't reply right now, I am protecting my wife from the water. WATER, EVERYWHERE. it is lurking in the taps, just waiting to get us.

Guest FarnsBarns

I'm amazed, I just heaved it off my finger. It hurt but at least it's not gonna get caught on anything now.

Yep hurts when you get the split nail off now but now it will heal and you'll be done with it. A split nail like that catches on everything and you can't even put your hand in your pocket without causing pain. Get a glass slide that fits that finger and you can practice your slide work.

Nerve damage is weird stuff never really feels the same if you slice a nerve but you seem to get some of the feeling back over time at least i have on the fingers that I've sliced and diced over the years.

Guest FarnsBarns

It's my right hand. I hold my right hand as if there is a pick between thumb and index finger, but it is the end of my index finger that is the pick. I also do Robert Johnson-esque 2 fingered finger picking. Basically I still can't play until it becomes less sensative.

Archived