Gibson Brands Forums

nicotine blues

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Ok, this isn't great, and excuse the clanging, I have used a steel slide as opposed to brass because brass was just to bright and sharp when recording on my phone. I'm not used to the steel one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVKWBtRtfXA

Edit: Christ, what ever YouTube does to sound it has made even more clangy

Important, turn your volume down a little at about 1:10. I don't know what YouTube did but it sudenly gets louder and has a feedback like sound despite the recording being acoustic. The original doesn't do it and I tried uploading again but no change.

Outstanding job, don't worry about the clang.

As for nicotine, 75 days is about it, it goes away after that. Don't worry, it doesn't seem like it, but each and every day it gets easier, and after 75 days you generally don't even think about it. Keep at it, if I could do it when I did, you sure can, I know you can.

rct

I can't workout where that feedback type comes from suddenly after a while. The Dobro is not amplified in any way.

Sounds pretty cool! [thumbup]

Ever try a glass slide?. I use a steel slide and a glass slide. I usually prefer the glass a little more. Not quite as bright sounding as the steel. But sometimes I like it brighter too.

As for nicotine, 75 days is about it, it goes away after that. Don't worry, it doesn't seem like it, but each and every day it gets easier, and after 75 days you generally don't even think about it. Keep at it, if I could do it when I did, you sure can, I know you can.

rct

Jesus really 75 days? Glad I never started smoking I probably would never be able to go that long. And Farns screw youtube use soundcloud, that way I can check it out at work!

That is smokin' good..............[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .....

Thanks.

Sounds pretty cool! [thumbup]

Ever try a glass slide?. I use a steel slide and a glass slide. I usually prefer the glass a little more. Not quite as bright sounding as the steel. But sometimes I like it brighter too.

Thanks...

I've used a glass cigar tube, it's a nice tone but I do prefer the creamy French horn like tone from brass. The weight also makes keeping the clang down easier which has made me struggle with steel now.

Good stuff man.

Too kind.

Tassssty Farns!

Love it

Thanks

"I look all white, but my dad is black." Man you're making me "GAS" now for a dobro. Slide or bottleneck sounds so great on them. What brand do you have?

Thanks, and it's a Dobro hound dog deluxe

I thought I posted a reply on this last night?

Great playing, nice tone and congratulations on the giving up of smoking!

Matt

You did Matt, that's my fault. I posted it here. Then at some point I found a post in the acoustic forum, someone had given up smoking and wanted to know about cheap resonators so I thought it was a good idea to post it there as well. My apologies, and thanks (for both compliments).

Archived