Gibson Brands Forums

2 Years without a J45 ends in 5 days.

MyJ-45

Hello fellas,

Almost 3 years ago I was in a minor car accident (in a car that was not my own) that forced me to sell my one and only J45 to pay for the damage. That particular guitar was a 2007 Banner head stalk J45 without the electronics. I purchased the guitar from a Guitar Center here in Atlanta and immediately fell in love. It was my pride and joy and in no form or fashion did I want to part with it. I didn't own another guitar at all. That was it. So for roughly 3 years I have been guitar-less. Every weekend i'd go into a music shop and play all the Gibson's and Martins and every time leaving disappointed that i couldn't go home to one.

Recently, however I have been fortunate enough to afford another fine guitar, or rather another J45. So, I found this 2002 J45 on eBay and it looked like a winner to me. After talking to the seller about it I decided to pull the trigger. Now, I have had some sour luck with guitars on ebay before, and I have had some fantastic luck so im crossing my fingers here.

Here is the guitar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=260795891933&si=tzkmy3LtjoZ9K98NN28oWyzjHhw%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ABOC%3AUS%3A1123#ht_1832wt_842

What does everyone think?

What sold me...

1) One owner purchased new,

2) mint condition,

3) never any work done at all,

4) "Gibson certified luther owned",

5) plenty of saddle left for action adjustment if needed.

Comments and opinions welcome...

That is a nice guitar and yes at a very good price! You did good. Enjoy it. I bought a mint 2007 J-45 True Vintage off Ebay about 2 years ago and paid a little over $1800.00. It was dead mint and so was the brown case! Have fun.

Wow, 3 years is a heluva time for a player to go without a guitar.

I'm really glad to hear you've had a chance to have another crack at a J-45.

Looks good on the pics and description !

I should have clarified I have a 50 dollar rogue that i play just to play something, but other than that nothing nicer that sounds and plays well.

I should have clarified I have a 50 dollar rogue that i play just to play something, , , ,

Reassuring - A 3 year break would have been unbearable and hazardous. Best wishes to you both -

(The J-45/white buttons combination is a hit as usual.)

Reassuring - A 3 year break would have been unbearable and hazardous. Best wishes to you both -

(The J-45/white buttons combination is a hit as usual.)

Beautiful guitar and great price! Be sure to post again once you've received it.

Nothing better than getting a 2nd chance at something you've lost I always say. [thumbup]

Unless it's presents coming via FedEx, or UPS. YeeeHaww H.N.G.D. and enjoy the beautiful git. Great price too!!!!

Aster

DSC_0001-35.jpg

I was gonna say that to,........ maybe its the angle of the photo but that action looks super high to me!!!. Me thinks that you will need to sand down that saddle a bit MyJ-45!!!

Good news is that it appears that you have loads of saddle to work with

[thumbup]

there was a shim under the saddle that i took out and the action was much better even though i still think ill drop it a little more. however, the string tension is so great. the strings play like butter i forget the action is even high. i used to really not be able to play anything unless the action was JUST right because my fingers would just kill me, but playing this guitar really is great. i will post up a few sound clips or something when i get around to it. its just so full. couldnt be happier.

Archived