Gibson Brands Forums

Super awesome NPD!!!

Dub-T-123

photo-187.jpg

If you can't already tell by the sparkley neon rainbow finish, this is the greatest chorus pedal ever.

Seriously.. it sounds incredible. Better than my Strymon and way more versatile. 100% analog goodness.

I'll post some demos (not mine) and a gutshot soon.

Right now I'm just blown away by the vibrato sounds in this thing. Ooohhhh baby. They're good.

photo-187.jpg

If you can't already tell by the sparkley neon rainbow finish, this is the greatest chorus pedal ever.

Seriously.. it sounds incredible. Better than my Strymon and way more versatile. 100% analog goodness.

I'll post some demos (not mine) and a gutshot soon.

Right now I'm just blown away by the vibrato sounds in this thing. Ooohhhh baby. They're good.

These are the exact words that came out of my mouth when I saw this pedal "OH MY GOD thats AWESOME!" sound clips?

Dem00n - I got it for $175. I sold a couple pedals I wasn't using so it didn't cost me anything out of pocket.

Here are a couple demos

the second one is a comparison between version 1 and version 2. I think I remember reading Ryan (the builder) say that the version 2 in this video was one of the first v2s made and there were some slight changes made since then. The newer v2s are closer sounding to the v1s. You can definately dial in the v1 toanz + a little more versatility.

photo-188.jpg

Woah. Sweet guts.

I really wish I had a better camera because this PCB has all kinds of funny/cool stuff printed on it.

A few choice quotes...

"made in Canada, eh!" "come with us on a journey through space and time." "fast maker" "the melting pot" "chorus is a really cool effect used by really cool people."

There are also pictures of pyramids, robots, aliens, and celestial bodies all printed on the PCB. How rad is that

Haha yeah my second Canadian pedal. Canadians make sweet stompboxes!

No I bought it from a dude in the states.

I cant quite tell from the pic or not but it looks like it was made properly too, from what I can tell the ICs have been socketed into the PCB instead of surface mounting them, so many people opt out of this step as it costs like $6 more and take like 10 mins longer, but its sooo worth it. The only thing in that pedal that could ever really fail is the ICs and if they are socketed you just pop it out and pop a new one in, pedal can never die.

Thanks everybody.

Dang after playing with it a bit more, this thing is full of like a million sounds. I wasn't expecting to get any flager action out of this but it totally.. uhh.. flanges.

I really like how the controls on this pedal have such a broad range. The speed can go from so slow that you can't even really tell if it's on to so fast that it sounds like a ring mod. With the slow/fast speed switch, the range is spread out enough that it's still easy to dial in the perfect speed while still having a huge range available.

The same goes for the depth. There is a ridiculous range from pretty much no modulation to seriously the most ridiculously deep modulation ever. The bottom toggle is a 3-way that toggles between ridiculous, normal, and medium depth. Again this makes it easy to hit the sweet spot while still having a huge range.

The brightness and level knobs are obviously really useful and I like how they only effect the modulated signal.

The blend knob goes from completely uneffected to chorus to vibrato with some flanger tones lurking in the middle as well.

That's pretty much it for now. I still have lots of messing around and learning to do. This thing is like the Fuzz Factory of chorus. It has a huge range of sounds and goes from normal to wtf is that. It's capable of sounding really pretty or straight up "freaking on squares".

/mini review

Thanks everybody.

Dang after playing with it a bit more, this thing is full of like a million sounds. I wasn't expecting to get any flager action out of this but it totally.. uhh.. flanges.

I really like how the controls on this pedal have such a broad range. The speed can go from so slow that you can't even really tell if it's on to so fast that it sounds like a ring mod. With the slow/fast speed switch, the range is spread out enough that it's still easy to dial in the perfect speed while still having a huge range available.

The same goes for the depth. There is a ridiculous range from pretty much no modulation to seriously the most ridiculously deep modulation ever. The bottom toggle is a 3-way that toggles between ridiculous, normal, and medium depth. Again this makes it easy to hit the sweet spot while still having a huge range.

The brightness and level knobs are obviously really useful and I like how they only effect the modulated signal.

The blend knob goes from completely uneffected to chorus to vibrato with some flanger tones lurking in the middle as well.

That's pretty much it for now. I still have lots of messing around and learning to do. This thing is like the Fuzz Factory of chorus. It has a huge range of sounds and goes from normal to wtf is that. It's capable of sounding really pretty or straight up "freaking on squares".

/mini review

too bad you dont live close to me...We could trade pedalboards for a week...

Oh they are? I didn't know.

I remember him saying he was trying to fit the Ultimate Cosmichorus in a smaller enclosure but it wouldn't fit.

Dude this thing sounds sick with my fuzz factory. So synthy.

You were right about the guts by the way. So nice!

Oh they are? I didn't know.

I remember him saying he was trying to fit the Ultimate Cosmichorus in a smaller enclosure but it wouldn't fit.

Dude this thing sounds sick with my fuzz factory. So synthy.

You were right about the guts by the way. So nice!

Maybe I'm trippin. Regardless its an awesome machine.

I'm definately trippin. So don't worry about it haha.

Yeah dude this thing is amazing especially into some delay. I can't wait to figure it out haha

by the way, check out this fuzz factory setting. I've been using it a lot lately.

Volume 9 o'clock (or whatever)

gate at noon

comp at 3 o'clock

drive at zero

stab at noon

It's not the most unique setting, but if you play with a band it's like the perfect blend of weird and usable.

My drummer hit me up to jam tonight so I tested out the cosmichorus and it was sweeeeet. I've said I hate flangers before but I set it for a really slow subtle flanger sound and it was so perfect. I usually hate flangers because they're so over the top it's like all you can hear. This was not like that.

Man this thing ROCKS. It makes a lot of over the top sounds but it also makes the most awesome subtle sounds.

Archived