Gibson Brands Forums

A Great Leap Forward for an Old Man

Upiory

I just wanted to celebrate with everyone. I now have an avatar! That was simple. Next I have to learn how to post pictures. It kills me to not know how. The recent thread on modified Juniors savaged me, since I have an extensively modified '57 Reissue. Anyway, I've proved that I can still learn. Thanks for your understanding.

There's a tutorial in the DIY thread in the Epiphone lounge that shows how to post pics. I usually go with ImageShack because it's quick, easy, and you don't need to have an account.

Here's the link for the ImageShack tut. There are a few others as well. http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/56204-how-to-post-pictures-using-imageshack/page__gopid__756188

"Fresh" is correct. Go to the EPI Lounge, click on "Do-it-Yourself"

Sticky near top of page. Start scrolling down. The FIRST TOPIC Section

is about "Posting Pictures". I use Photobucket, others use Imageshack.

It's actually not too hard. Old-Fashioned way is to cram pic into USB

port of computer.

Congrats on figgerin' out part of our forum!!!!!

Cool, i like the new Avatar [thumbup] . All we need to do now is work on your signature, you can have a wee slogan or a picture, some guys like to list thier favourite gear. I used a pic of my geets then resized it so it was not anoyingly large and used it as my signature.

Once you get the hang of posting pics it really quite easy.

i dont post pictures because i cant figure out how is there any other site that nots photobucket

I found DropBox to be an excellent hosting service, it's basically online storage for anything, including pics, you can have private/public areas and it can be integrated into the operating system so you have a mirror copy of the online storage and any changes made to it (new/copy/delete etc) is automatically reflected in the online version, it's brilliant stuff and was originally recommended to me by Willy, bless him.

DropBox

Thanks, guys! I'll make the effort, but it might take a few more weeks. I just can't motivate myself to learn more about this marvelous machine. I only learned to burn CDs last year. My wife bought an MP3 player a year and a half ago that she can't use. Once upon a time I was cutting edge!

Archived