Gibson Brands Forums

Overdrive

Californiaman

reveals some interesting overdrive pedals, some great prices as well as ultra-pricey boutique master pieces out there for sale.

All of them will end within the next 24 hours.

Robert Keeley Fuzz Head Overdrive $99.00

Blues Pearl Tweed Overdrive $90.00

KLON Centaur Pedal $980.00

Carl Martin Plexitone Overdrive $105.00.

Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer Overdrive $121.00

AnalogueMan King of Tone Overdriver $385.00

Each and everyone of them a good pedal with a reputation behind them.

What are you running when you want to kick the door in?

I'm real happy with my Way Huge Green Rhino.

reveals some interesting overdrive pedals, some great prices as well as ultra-pricey boutique master pieces out there for sale.

All of them will end within the next 24 hours.

Robert Keeley Fuzz Head Overdrive $99.00

Blues Pearl Tweed Overdrive $90.00

Carl Martin Plexitone Overdrive $105.00.

Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer Overdrive $121.00

AnalogueMan King of Tone Overdriver $385.00

Each and everyone of them a good pedal with a reputation behind them.

What are you running when you want to kick the door in?

I'm real happy with my Way Huge Green Rhino.

The Green Rhino is ridiculously good at low gain OD...Really hard to beat, and I just got a Barber LTD SR on Friday, and while Green Rhino colors the tone more as where the the LTD SR is completely transparent, the Green Rhino held strong, and could not decide witch was my favorite between the two..Now when in it comes to more high gain OD, we get into completely different territory.

Hi gain=PlimSoul

Lo gain=Green Rhino.

I would like to try some other overdrives out.

I know many of them have been copied over and over with slight variations here and there.

For now though, I'm completely satisfied with the Green Rhino and the PlimSoul.

I am dieing to try one of these, just not for that price. Want to hear if they live up to the hype. Nels Cline swears by his.

I use a Maxon OD808 for my overdrive. It is low gain and gives me that cranked amp sound. When I hear of people using these Tube Screamer type boxes as a clean boost I call shenanigans. Even with the mellowness of the Gibson 57s in my Sheraton, there is still a lot of dirt there.

I am dieing to try one of these, just not for that price. Want to hear if they live up to the hype. Nels Cline swears by his.

I use a Maxon OD808 for my overdrive. It is low gain and gives me that cranked amp sound. When I hear of people using these Tube Screamer type boxes as a clean boost I call shenanigans. Even with the mellowness of the Gibson 57s in my Sheraton, there is still a lot of dirt there.

I want to try a Klon too. I hate all the mystical TGP hype about them but it seems like a pretty cool pedal. If I build a klone I'll send it to you so you can check it out.

I agree with what you said about the Tube Screamer clean boost thing. A clean boost doesn't add that amount of dirt unless it's set pretty loud or your amp is right at it's ceiling of clean headroom already. The **** od gets cleaner (without sucking) and does a much more true clean boost that a tube screamer type IMO. It still adds a little bass and "thickness" on the clean settings.

The most true, transparent clean boost I've found is my Empress ParaEQ. I'm not obsessed with transparency though. I like pedals that add their own flavor (assuming it's tasty).

I want to try a Klon too. I hate all the mystical TGP hype about them but it seems like a pretty cool pedal. If I build a klone I'll send it to you so you can check it out.

I agree with what you said about the Tube Screamer clean boost thing. A clean boost doesn't add that amount of dirt unless it's set pretty loud or your amp is right at it's ceiling of clean headroom already. The **** od gets cleaner (without sucking) and does a much more true clean boost that a tube screamer type IMO. It still adds a little bass and "thickness" on the clean settings.

The most true, transparent clean boost I've found is my Empress ParaEQ. I'm not obsessed with transparency though. I like pedals that add their own flavor (assuming it's tasty).

Nels Cline is one cool cat, and if he digs it...

I saw one on Craigslist, it was going for 750 but it didn't work. I believe it sold

I'm not a big fan of clean transparent boosts, my effects loop is set up as a boost and boy does it boost. Does it add gain? Yeah, but mainly it just allows me to get super loud and super feedback

That's why I bought the Fulltone PlimSoul.

Hi gain, hi sustain, multi stage overdrive pedal.

Yea I know, I had one, but don't you find the PlimSoul awfully noisy? They were advertising it as there highest gain pedal, but my OCD could get more saturation even with the 2nd gain stage... When I sold my Plim on Ebay, the buyer was really pleased, so idk it may of not just went well with my rig, or It just didnt click with me..Same thing happened with the Suhr Riot, that everyone raves about..What do you set your Green Rhino and Plim at?

What do you set your Green Rhino and Plim at?

Lately I've been using the three recommended settings for the Green Rhino.

1. Texas Blackface Dirt

2. Supa-Verb Fat Lead

3. Les Plexi ThrowDown.

I preferred the Texas Blackface Dirt and the Supa-Verb with my Telecasters.

As for the PlimSoul, I like the Dumble-like quality I can dial in. It's great for ringing sustain.

The Eric Johnson setting that is recommended is also a good setting.

So, do you know the secret to the Klon's sound? Is it the chips he used or the circuit path? Just curious because I see on a lot of forums, "only a true Klon sounds like a Klon". I don't buy that 100%, but...

For overdrive I use an original first issue Marshall Guv'nor-it's like having a Plexi at your feet yet when set up right you can get sweeet Bluesbreaker sustain too.I'm currently trying out a Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive that belongs to my buddy-the one they got sued for,for copying Timmy's overdrive pedal-and it's deadly.

So, do you know the secret to the Klon's sound? Is it the chips he used or the circuit path? Just curious because I see on a lot of forums, "only a true Klon sounds like a Klon". I don't buy that 100%, but...

Definitely don't buy that. My Klon clone sounds just as good. I sold my Klon a while back so couldn't A/B them, but I can't tell a difference.

I dunno. Look over at freestompboxes. I'm pretty sure they have a subforum all about cloning the klon and klon info in general.

I have all the parts for a lovepedal superlead clone (basically a guv'nor clone) sitting here but no soldering goodies to build it with at the moment.

Archived