Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

G McBride

Been playing it through my Blues Jr VOS and it sounds nice and Bluesy on that amp.

I am in a quandary about what strings I should use on this guitar. Should I just put a set of Elixar Nanos on it and try it out or D'Addario EX110 Electric strings like I use on my 339 and 359? I am open to suggestions on the string issue.

The guitar plays pretty nice. Seems to have a thicker neck and a flat fretboard. I'll have to look some specs up on this thing.

Anyway I think it was a great buy and a really nice guitar to have in my collection.

Gill

She's a beauty and in beautiful shape-you lucked into an exceptional guitar.Why don't you try a set of Pyramid flatwounds,they should really bring out the lovely jazz tones that sweety is capable of making.

She's a beauty and in beautiful shape-you lucked into an exceptional guitar.Why don't you try a set of Pyramid flatwounds,they should really bring out the lovely jazz tones that sweety is capable of making.

+1. I bet a set of flats would sound incredible on 'er. Congrats!!!

You can't make any money by saving it in the bank. Guns and Guitars are great investments and fun to own.

Great find for you. Looks to be in lovely condition.

Totally different animal from the 339 eh?

Dave

Yes it is totally different from the 339. What I like most about owning and playing different styles of guitars, is the music that the instrument seems to pull from you.

I can hear a note or a few notes and it will bring a song into my mind that I may have listened to many years ago. Somehow those notes and the tone of the notes just trigger those memories from deep inside of me.

This guitar has me listening and playing a lot of old acoustic type blues and early 60s type of music. NIce to go down these different paths with the guitars. I am sure you all understand what I am saying.

Gill

Archived