Gibson Brands Forums

The Return of the Wild Side...

Well my Epi Flying V is back from the shop so heres the pics

SDC11552.jpg

SDC11553.jpg

SDC11555.jpg

To give a run down of whats been done

I've added

# Gibson Pro 1&2 BurstBuckers added (Same as PAF 59's) and the most expensive model Gibson make!

# Gibson/CTS 300k Pots

# Gibson SG Capacitor (Turned out to be the right one for the mod so lucky!)

# Switchcraft toggle, jack & black toggle head

To finish it offer original 58 wiring and I've added proper gold screws to the front (Bar 1 I have to order as I ran out #-o )

Just the new gibson deluxe tuners still to come in the next few days but after that its all done.

Its sounds just like a proper Gibson 58 now so im well chuffed :lol:

Needless to say I have a bundle of spare parts I'll be putting up for auction tonight to those interested...

Man, I am sooooo envious of you! That is one fine looking guitar you have there.

How do those BurstBuckers sound in there?

I really wish I could play that thing!

It's just screaming, "Rock out with ME!!!!" [biggrin][thumbup]

Very nice guitar Snakey, thanks for informing us it has the most expensive pups in it, does that make them sound better because they cost more, or am I just saving money unnecessarily by buying better value options.

Very nice guitar Snakey, thanks for informing us it has the most expensive pups in it, does that make them sound better because they cost more, or am I just saving money unnecessarily by buying better value options.

[lol]=D>

Honestly I had no idea they where Gibsons most expensive pickups until after I bought them, the original plan was to get 57's or 490/498's but those auctions fell through.

I only found out a few days later when I was doing some reseach on the Gibson website that they cost $220 each, compared to the one's I would have got that where valued at $130-150

I wanted some blues pickups so I think I did well, yes their may be cheaper options but getting good quality 24ct gold pickups is hard enough...

As for the output its a nice bright tone and is VERY CLEAN their's not even a hint of muddyness its just lovely and clear.

ROTFLMAO

It's still a beautiful guitar.

EDIT: FWIW, I think the Tony Iommi 'bucker is the most costly one they currently make, but at least it's cheaper than this: [scared]http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-59-Double-White-PAF-complete-59-harness-pots-cap-/270788893272?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3f0c469a58#ht_500wt_1413

WOW! [scared] add the body and it shoots up to $750,000! (According to

anyway)

original 58/59 parts are common on ebay but usually they are $1-3k depending on condition

The tommi are indeed the most expenive now along with the 4 conductor 57 Classic's

Burst Pro's aren't listed for some reason anymore tho...

LOL, I just realised ... It could be the "Vee Royale" [biggrin]

Only if we can figure out a way to do body binding in glittery gold!

Looking good there, Solid. Perhaps a bit heavy on all the Gibby references ... but I'm sure it's a great playing axe. Enjoy!

Jim

Archived