Gibson Brands Forums

Yngwie to Unleash the fury on North America this Fall!

S t e v e

17. Why?

nothing realy, its just that some people of a certain age appreciate different era's of guitar and players...i was born in the late 70's and into guitar by the mid 80's when guys like van halen and malmsteen were making their mark on the guitar playing scene.

so i just think that the younger players of today like yourself had different influences while growing up?, nothing bad jus sayin... B)

nothing realy, its just that some people of a certain age appreciate different era's of guitar and players...i was born in the late 70's and into guitar by the mid 80's when guys like van halen and malmsteen were making their mark on the guitar playing scene.

so i just think that the younger players of today like yourself had different influences while growing up?, nothing bad jus sayin... B)

Well my influences are vastly different than most guitarists my age. All my influences are guitarists from the 60's and 70's.

I heard hes horrible live, but i also heard he cleaned up his act.

i saw him live back in 1994 here in london, it was at the astoria on totenham ct road (west end) and held about 100 people...i was about 6 feet from him and the man was amazing to watch [thumbup]

No rock star is as good as he thinks he is.

The guy deserves credit for his early work like Rising Force. It was amazing. He took what Blackmore did a step ferther. But I saw him on G3 like I said before and it was not good. He kept turning his own amp up all the time blasting out the rest of the band and ignored every rest and stop in ever song. Ran shearder through every rest in Evil Eye which just ruined the song.

No rock star is as good as he thinks he is.

The guy deserves credit for his early work like Rising Force. It was amazing. He took what Blackmore did a step ferther. But I saw him on G3 like I said before and it was not good. He kept turning his own amp up all the time blasting out the rest of the band and ignored every rest and stop in ever song. Ran shearder through every rest in Evil Eye which just ruined the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QbNuctX4TI&feature=related

This track is quite a masterpiece of rock guitar IMHO. I have it on my 'reading list' of pieces for pupils to check out...great call [thumbup] The first Malmsteen album is superb

Matt

Saw him in '86 and was blown away. But that was during a time when neo classical shred was new to most people's ears.

That guy was on fire then too.

Not sure if I could sit through a whole concert now. He's still a maniac shredder, but sadly only a shell of the writer and player

he used to be.

Spent some of my vacation time practicing Apreggios From Hell. I enjoy Malmsteen's neo-classical, he is a pretty big ****** but hey he is a rock star! I do not enjoy no tour date for Vancouver, only Toronto and Quebec, I know those separatist bastages in Quebec have a strong metal following but Toronto is just a bunch of prissy jerks, seriously as bad or possibly worse then New York.

• 1 month later...

Seen him once and that was plenty enough for me. It was like 15 minutes into the show and me and my crowd were headed for the exits. B O R I N G. We then headed out to an after hours club and had a blast watching a local band and shut the place down at 10 a.m. Ahhh, the younger days,I am lucky to be alive. msp_scared.gif

Seen him once and that was plenty enough for me. It was like 15 minutes into the show and me and my crowd were headed for the exits. B O R I N G. We then headed out to an after hours club and had a blast watching a local band and shut the place down at 10 a.m. Ahhh, the younger days,I am lucky to be alive. msp_scared.gif

is that vai's LP in your avatar? :-k

is that vai's LP in your avatar? :-k

No, it's actually one that I bought a while back rolleyes.gif. I wasn't trying to diss your guy, I just don't care for his style, that's not to take away from the fact that he's very good at what he does. And by the way that LP in my avatar appears black but is actually Chicago Blue.

Archived