Gibson Brands Forums

Neck profile

Tman

Buy the J-45 Custom. Buy it now. Get back in your car, turn the key and don't stop driving until you are in True Tone's parking lot!!!

It spoke to you on a sonic level. That is what is important. With guitars, the sonic is the spiritual. If you buy a guitar based on its looks, who knows, a few years from now you might think it looks gaudy or not to your tastes. But the one that sounds right will move your soul!

• 2 months later...

Well my wife totally surprised me yesterday (on the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me...........)

I am excited beyond words. I had given up on getting it this year.

Gibson custom J45, Rosewood sides and back, ebony fretboard, gold Grover tuners.

Sorry for the cell phone photos. The neck profile is PERFECT for me!

I have written a song for her. I'll post it in the next few days.

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

Tman, can I get your wife to talk to my wife?

She's studying to be a clinical psychologist (and she still apparently loves me [confused] ) so I can't guarantee that she won't throw in some psychoanalysis [biggrin] but yea especially if it'll help you get another J 45!

Lordy, Lordy . . . . . what a great Christmas gift!

A real beauty.

The bound fretboard really sets it off.

Love the headstock inlay.

Congrats - first on a thoughtful and generous wife and second on a your new J45 Custom. . B)

She really fooled me, I honestly thought we were going to wait, the economy and all.

I absolutely love everything about this guitar. It is outstanding. Workmanship really perfect. I know there has been discussion about QC on the Gibson forum but I tell you, this one went out flawlessly, even the set up.

Great story, great outcome--great loves!!

I have always loved an ebony fretboard and often wonder why they aren't standard on any Gibson acoustic (that I know of), even on ebony-finished bodies, where an ebony board would really look sweet.

What I need me is a good husband (and if it don't work out, a good divorce settlement'll have to do...:rolleyes: )

Congrats--can't wait to hear the song. (Heck, I'm tempted to write one for her, too!!!)

Great story, great outcome--great loves!!

I have always loved an ebony fretboard and often wonder why they aren't standard on any Gibson acoustic (that I know of), even on ebony-finished bodies, where an ebony board would really look sweet.

What I need me is a good husband (and if it don't work out, a good divorce settlement'll have to do...:rolleyes: )

Congrats--can't wait to hear the song. (Heck, I'm tempted to write one for her, too!!!)

Thanks AnneS! I'm loving the fretboard and the bridge! [thumbup]

Archived