Gibson Brands Forums

UH OH

Pete B

Try doing an image search for "Silverburst" in Google, are the 15 or so teardrop shape bursts here all fake? Get a grip.

I did that. No Silverburst Epiphones in teardrop. Just Gibsons. What was your point other than being jackhole? I must have missed it.

Now run along and go piss in your own forum.

Truth be told, I like the Gibson paintjob better than how Epiphone does it...it just don't look right. But yeah, this particular example is fake. As stated, Epiphone follows the edge of the body on the burst...they did it the same way on 'ol Blue.

The worse part about this EE thing is that Epi no longer uses that format serial number, now they are all digits, making it much easier to fake that part of the equation IMHO.

Good point .... In this day and age, it's pretty amazing that the fakers didn't wise up real fast and scale down the "EE" font ...... but, I guess it didn't really matter that much, as they appear to have sold a bunch in spite of that glaring error, as well as all the other give-aways. Bass-turds!!!! Just drives home the point "buyer beware".....that's why I prefer to buy from a legit dealer, and prefer to buy new if I can (in spite of paying the price)....I wonder if there were ever fake Epi Valve Jrs made??? Ya gotta wonder, they were pretty popular for a while :-k

Archived