Gibson Brands Forums

Whats your favorite riffs?

cam011235

Can't have one favorite riff really.

But...

I always thought Judas Priest's main riff on Heading Out to the Highway as the riff that flows backwards, I am sure there is a music theory explanation for that or it may be simply the feel they put into it. Simple but great.

Can't have one favorite riff really.

But...

true riffster ..i just wanted to talk riffs i changed to plural [rolleyes] some do stick out but its true theres so many any good ones..out of the ol school heavy metal black night is a good one..classic pentatonic rock riff

There's just too many, really...But, a few are:

(The Beatles)

I Feel Fine

Hey Bulldog

Paperback Writer

Day Tripper

(The Bryds)

Mr. Tambourine Man

Eight Miles High

Turn, Turn, Turn

(The Rolling Stones)

Satisfaction

Last Time

Start Me Up

(Yardbirds)

Over, Under, Sideways, Down

Heart Full Of Soul

(Deep Purple)

Smoke On The Water

Lazy

(Eric Clapton)

Layla

(Allman Brothers)

One Way Out

And, SO MANY others....

CB

^^ LOL thanks!! Thats a compliment because Kyuss rules...

Ok here's an older track from my band that we recorded properly...i like all the riffs in this song!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuIWINga47o

Maybe not so Kyussish...but maybe.

man thats awesome you guys go off !! love the tone too..seriously impressed here!! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Indeed!!!! But hey...why you playing music if you don't like your own stuff? :) Right??

man your bands awesome you must have worked very hard at it i really appreciate you sharing it ..may i ask what your rig is ?? that is really impressive tone ..really like the approach to your progressions to.. good stuff..i can tell theres a lot of hard work gone into that

Before owning a guitar, many riffs inspired me to want to learn.....Last night I heard "Summer Breeze"....

As a kid, I always thought that the quick solo was an amazing riff, with a great tone....Once I learned it, I thought,

" D*mn, playing guitar is easy."...........That riff is, but..................................

Archived