Gibson Brands Forums

Whats your favorite riffs?

cam011235

Before owning a guitar, many riffs inspired me to want to learn.....Last night I heard "Summer Breeze"....

As a kid, I always thought that the quick solo was an amazing riff, with a great tone....Once I learned it, I thought,

" D*mn, playing guitar is easy."...........That riff is, but..................................

yeah some of the stuff you think when you are kid ..its like wow..then you get older and you do it and think is that it? what was i thinking..when i was a young pup we all used to say that ace frehely was the greatest lead player in the world ..now ..well lets say its all changed ..but i still think kiss in that era was incredible for a young rocker..you see kids these days doing paul gilbert covers at the age of 10 ..i guess its all evolving

This is such an easy question to answer. Everybody knows that Whole Lotta Love is the best guitar riff ever written!

i think technically that is correct, i think it has been called that, obviously some people will debate that but yeah i have heard that

its interesting coz its a 5th 7tht 5th 7th root...starts on the dominant goes through the flattened 7th then sub tonic triplet to the tonic then grooves in the root...no doubt the dominant is actually blue note bent semi tone .. pentatonic blues and simple ..flatten those 5ths!!

yeah so its a dominant tonic relationship via the 7th ..no wonder it works so well ..the blues

I was always floored by the opening riff in "Oh Well" by Fleetwood Mac. (Peter Gren) [flapper]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k66quYZNPK8

Or was it "China Grove" by the Doobie Brothers......I like rhythm .... [crying]

Mississippi Queen by MOUNTAIN!

That riff makes me want to grab the nearest "Cougar" at the bar and take her on the ride of her life.

...I don't know why! [drool]

I second these! (Except the part about the Cougar [unsure] )

Archived