Gibson Brands Forums

Lou Reed & Metallica project, 30 sec preiview.

dem00n

The part where Hetfield sings sounds like standard issue Metallica but good Lord Lou sounds bad even when he's just talking.

Sucks to be a Metallica fan waiting for a new album and they are dic*ing around with this.

I hope the rest of the album is good and for some reason they decided to put this horrendous clip to torture us.

WTF was that !!!

Can't risk buying Metallica albums blind anymore. Have to hear them through first. Can't forget that 'St Anger' crap.

it must be hard trying to write songs after you had a boardroom meeting and the corporate types are telling you how great you are and that you can do it..money as motivation will not produce great music ..people change move on with their lives..to me the spirit isnt there with them any more they are just flogging a dead horse unfortunately..

Blah. That sucked.

I'm going to start working on a time machine. Once this album comes out, I'm going to buy it. I will then dub it to a cassette tape, and get into my time machine, and go back to 1983. I will play this for Metallica. I will watch Cliff Burton punch those guys in the face, or at least make fun of them for becoming so lame.

Metallica is just not good at experimenting looks like. I do hope they chose this clip as a gaffe and that Lou is not going to talk like this the entire album.

The performance from the RnR Hall of Fame showed that Lou can't really sing all that well at this point.

Death Magnetic is an incredible album but Metallica detractors that don't like anything after AJFA are too vested too admit it. If this album is as bad as that clip Metallica haters will have fuel for the rest of their lifes, happiness found.

Still I hopeful but if the album sucks in its entirety I will wait another 5 years for the next, after all I am a fan and that is what fans do.

If it's an Album full of experiments and guests it could have some interesting stuff on it. Taking my tongue out of my cheek for a second, this one with Lou Reed might sound better in the context of the entire song. (Being a long time Megadeth Fan I have to give Metallica a hard time, though).

{edit} I just realized it's an entire Lou and Metallica Album [blush]

Archived