Gibson Brands Forums

maybe i'm not cut out for online interaction...

S t e v e

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have found you can have unpopular opinions as long as you use selective language. For example, I have a hard time enjoying the band Rush because of the singer's voice. My brother has the same problem with Led Zeppelin. If I come on the forum and state that I would rather listen to a raccoon getting raped by a possum than any Rush song, I am going to make Rush fans defensive. Should the topic arise, I may state that I don't care for Rush but recognize the talent in the group. This is less likely to offend the Pert fan club.

I saw on your "Floyd wont record again" thread that you stated that PF was the most boring band in history, or something along those lines. You could soften that statement a little, since 95% of the people on the forum (myself included) love PF.

Truth be told, I don't care for Gary Moore.

I have found you can have unpopular opinions as long as you use selective language. For example, I have a hard time enjoying the band Rush because of the singer's voice. My brother has the same problem with Led Zeppelin. If I come on the forum and state that I would rather listen to a raccoon getting raped by a possum than any Rush song, I am going to make Rush fans defensive. Should the topic arise, I may state that I don't care for Rush but recognize the talent in the group. This is less likely to offend the Pert fan club.

I saw on your "Floyd wont record again" thread that you stated that PF was the most boring band in history, or something along those lines. You could soften that statement a little, since 95% of the people on the forum (myself included) love PF.

As much as I disagree with jnastyebr on a lot of subjects, he's spot on with this.

Although the raccoon, possum rape fest does kind of sound like Rush... [flapper]

ok here goes...i don't care for pink floyd.

What I've seen is that many of your posts are mean-spirited. Not a good way to get along with others.

mean spirited?, i am one of the nicest people you could ever meet...maybe expressing my opinion doesn't come across very well when it's read in text format? :unsure:

Guest farnsbarns

What I've seen is that many of your posts are mean-spirited. Not a good way to get along with others.

I think if all here were dealing with each other in person we would be good friends.

Participating in a forum is like driving, a lot of nice people turn into a-holes.

I don't get this. As far as I can tell Steve doesn't have a mean bone in his body. A great sense of humour, yes, ability to laugh at him self, yes. Perhaps it's the British sense of humour. I once offended someone on here with a through away faux insult that clearly didn't come across that way. We Brits can be a bit OTT to other nationalities, we insult each other as national past time, just for fun, it's kind of a sign of affection.

I don't get this. As far as I can tell Steve doesn't have a mean bone in his body. A great sense of humour, yes, ability to laugh at him self, yes. Perhaps it's the British sense of humour. I once offended someone on here with a through away faux insult that clearly didn't come across that way. We Brits can be a bit OTT to other nationalities, we insult each other as national past time, just for fun, it's kind

of a sign of affection.

+ 1

When I read Steve and other Brits' posts, I 'get' the fun and good natured leg pulling in their style.

I was talking to Cam recently about how the Aussie and Brit humour share many similarites - the specialities...

sarcasm, taking the piss and irony :)

And yes taken in a literal way (the cold Internet words not carrying the subtle real life inflections) I can see how much of these boisterous shows of repartee, could be misunderstood to be mean digs!

I like British comedian Sacha Baran Cohan AKA 'Borat', for all the above!

Matt

My 3 rules to the internet (stolen from Craig Ferguson)

1. Does it need to be said?

2. Does it need to be said by me?

3. Does it need to be said by me right now?

If I do post, I just try to remember that people will think differently and that is ok.

As much as I disagree with jnastyebr on a lot of subjects, he's spot on with this.

Although the raccoon, possum rape fest does kind of sound like Rush... [flapper]

At least they don't fit the bill of your dad rock complaints.

EDIT due to typo

EDIT due to typo

dad rock doesn't deserve the comparison to those sweet sounds [glare]

I don't get it, first you say Rush sounds like a possum rape fest, but then say you can't compare dad-rock to Rush's sweet sounds? maybe I'm misunderstanding.

EDIT due to typo

I don't get it, first you say Rush sounds like a possum rape fest, but then say you can't compare dad-rock to Rush's sweet sounds? maybe I'm misunderstanding.

I was saying dad rock can't compare to the sweet sounds of a raccoon possum rape fest, but I guess my joke didn't go over as well as I had hoped [flapper]

Now I'm probably going to get banned for saying raccoon possum rape fest... oh well. PLAID ROCKS!

jpg060.jpg

If I didn't care, what happened to you, and you didn't care, what happened to me, then, we would tiptoe our way, through the bordom and pain,

occasionally glancing up through the rain, wondering which of the buggers to blame, and waiting, for pigs on the wing..........

Archived