Gibson Brands Forums

The Gibson Forum.

Steven Tari

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest farnsbarns

I'm not sure if they're joking or fighting... :-k

(oops, farns' latest post answered that!)

err, yeah, sorry everyone, you can get back to complaining about how the forum has changed now.

You've changed, Gibson forum, you've changed. Tutt!

Ha, ha you are such a likeable ****** farnsbarns and I see you go the long way too.

I do love my distortion, one day I will figure out how to add it to my Dobro, my 12-string acoustic and my 6-string acoustic just to offend folks like you with lady-like sensitivities.

I mentioned overdrive and that is not being attacked? how so? because you like it? say you like it please?

Later when I have time I will dissect your posts because I think you are a troll keyboard player.

10527230.jpg

Guest farnsbarns

10527230.jpg

Is this true, have I been fooled into believing that a forum persona with a fake name is actually a different forum persona with a different fake name. How do I un-friend him.

But really, is it Neo?

Is this true, have I been fooled into believing that a forum persona with a fake name is actually a different forum persona with a different fake name. How do I un-friend him.

But really, is it Neo?

Neo? that's a long shot.

There are many differences between the two of us, like:

Neo liked having a mullet, I prefer sideburns.

Janet and Michael on the other hand were the same person...

Not trying to start any stuff but the Forum has changed alot from the one I first signed up for.

Yes it has... and that has driven many members away. It's not as friendly and funny anymore.

Anyway, my reply to your thread was honest and meant for you to get the best product available (which is not a gibson).

Do you want real p90s or humbucker sized p90s? The later would make the guitar a little more expensive so my take would be to buy the guitar, get them p94s and install them myself. But I am a do-it-yourself guy.

The first option: real p90 sized p90s, that would take the guitar's cost to the sky and probably into outer space.

A friend is having a Les Paul Ultima built for him right now (don't know why, really LOL) and it's been already 7 months with no news, the only news he got was from the super dealer saying they'll probably take more than a year to build because everything was delayed by the feds closing the factories, which I call BS! He's paying enough money to get 4 or 5 R9s too. [cursing]

I sincerely hope you find the guitar you want. [thumbup]

My youngest brother - who's still under 40 and lives in Seattle- just got an Epi high-end LP. Pleased as possible with it. He showed me an iPhone pix of it on his phone this week and it looks nice. His comment was that it was the first guitar he's had that helped him play instead of making him work at it.

In terms of pickup changeouts, I think that's covered in the DIY section of the Epi Lounge, along with a whole batch of other good DIY ideas.

m

Totally agree, Henry is milking this as far as he can. IMO it should have been resolved behind the scenes and not over done like it is now from media to the baggers. Milk Milk Milk, Milking it for what its worth. Didn't even make national news.

Nice! I had a bet going on how long it would take for Guitarest to mention the Tea Party.

I won! :-)

Yes it has... and that has driven many members away. It's not as friendly and funny anymore.

Anyway, my reply to your thread was honest and meant for you to get the best product available (which is not a gibson).

Do you want real p90s or humbucker sized p90s? The later would make the guitar a little more expensive so my take would be to buy the guitar, get them p94s and install them myself. But I am a do-it-yourself guy.

The first option: real p90 sized p90s, that would take the guitar's cost to the sky and probably into outer space.

A friend is having a Les Paul Ultima built for him right now (don't know why, really LOL) and it's been already 7 months with no news, the only news he got was from the super dealer saying they'll probably take more than a year to build because everything was delayed by the feds closing the factories, which I call BS! He's paying enough money to get 4 or 5 R9s too. [cursing]

I sincerely hoe you find the guitar you want. [thumbup]

Thanks Thundergod, You are one of the people I miss most in talken to.Thank You for that advise. The only problem I have with getting new pup's on a pre built guitar is I want 3 P-90's on it and most guitars only have one or two pup's on them. I probably would have the pup change if that was all had to be done On my ES-339. But I done figured out that it's going to have to built all the way to get what I want on it. I saw one on the Heritage guitar listing that comes close to what I want. But I'm still looking at and talken to more guitar people. I've found if you talk and listen enough an answer shall be found.Hey Thundergod where you been hangen so I can come talk once in a while.

I think the forum deterioration of the forum has been brought about by folks that like the soft music.

These folks are amongst us and like things like cleans, ballads, keyboards and frown upon overdrive, distortion and other elements that make Rock n' Roll hard, these are the same folks that confuse rhythms with riffs. Simply appalling [flapper]

In life you just never know when things are going to take a turn for the worse, example:

I saw Foster the People on SNL and just when I thought they were totally terrible and not my thing based on the use of keyboards as the main instrument (they had 3 of them) then Kenny G joined them on stage, BAM! [tongue] Kenny motherf***ing G! BAM!!

So, yea, the forum could be better but like Searcy says we could all contribute to that...

Oh, thanks farns barns for taking my post seriously, so I see you are literal kind of guy eh?

The same guy that says Americans don't get British humor.

You read and you failed.

I couldn't tell you were joking at first either.

The REAL thing you have to include in a joke is humor. The joke has to be at least a little funny before people will suspect it is a joke.

So, when doing humor, make it funny.

Epiphone P3 Riviera...........Semi Hollow, 3 P-90s, comes in Red Wine, Gold, and White....$499.00 [thumbup] ....

Thats a nice looken guitar but the one I want looks more like this with the 3 P-90s. Just touch the guitar and it will be able to see better. G&G Graphite and Gold. I love it.

Hey Steve........Just remembered.......HAMER !!!!!!! Check out "Willcut Guitars" website......They may have something for you....TOP NOTCH BUILDS.......

I didn't CURRENTLY see any triple P-90s on the site, but I have....You might want to call them and / or Hamer directly Steve......

Archived