Gibson Brands Forums

New- Les Paul Classic Plus/Classic Customs

GibSinCity

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Charlie! That's a beauty! Oh my God!!! I am thinking about getting one in antique natural, but really shouldn't spend more money on guitars. I don't know how long I can resist...After all an almost "proper" Custom for half the price...Shouldn't skip this one. Cheers... Bence

Thanks, Bence...I got a really great deal on it, as well!

CB

I can't find any specs on these guitars online besides baked maple fingerboards and mahogany bodies. Does anyone know if these are just weight relieved or fully chambered?

Hi,

This if from the Sweetwater web site description

"..........You get a solid mahogany, non-chambered body that exudes tone. The AA Western maple cap gives the Les Paul that classic edge it is known for. You'll find the traditional '50s neck profile capped with a baked maple fingerboard easy and comfortable to play. Two ceramic-magnet pickups give you the warm, fat tones you expect from a Les Paul. The Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus is a tone machine, get your hands on one today."

They come in either a 50's or 60's neck profile. The specs are here for the 50's style neck:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPCST5HSCH

And here for the 60's style neck:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPCST6HSCH

Joe

Hi,

This if from the Sweetwater web site description

"..........You get a solid mahogany, non-chambered body that exudes tone. The AA Western maple cap gives the Les Paul that classic edge it is known for. You'll find the traditional '50s neck profile capped with a baked maple fingerboard easy and comfortable to play. Two ceramic-magnet pickups give you the warm, fat tones you expect from a Les Paul. The Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus is a tone machine, get your hands on one today."

They come in either a 50's or 60's neck profile. The specs are here for the 50's style neck:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPCST5HSCH

And here for the 60's style neck:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPCST6HSCH

Joe

Thanks. I read the description for 3 or 4 of them, I don't know how I missed that? [laugh]

Now all I have to do is save up a bit of money.

I applied some lemon oil to my fingerboard and it made it even darker in color though it was dark enough for me already. My camera is not the greatest but the image below is true to color.

Regards,

Joe

GLPfb.JPG

There's nothing wrong with that. [thumbup]

The maple fretboard doesn't bother me anyway, almost half of my guitars have maple fretboards.

funny that other guitar company that's supposed to be famous for maple fret boards introduced rosewood back in what 1959 or 1960??

and they don't see to have an issue with their rose wood fret boards

True, maybe Gibson wants a bigger share of the market with slightly lower priced instruments.

Joe

I applied some lemon oil to my fingerboard and it made it even darker in color though it was dark enough for me already. My camera is not the greatest but the image below is true to color.

Regards,

Joe

GLPfb.JPG

And...look at those (new) nicely rounded (topped) frets, nowadays!

I just had my 2000 "Classic" done that way...what a DIFFERENCE!

I can actual slide, now, without hitting a "road block," which

was near impossible, before I had the frets rounded/crowned/polished! [thumbup]

CB

Hello Charlie! You're right, but I seriously have to stop it. I don't have a huge collection: only 3 guitars and one on order - but only have two arms. And these arms have to do other things as well, not just riffing. Like fixing the roof, the car, and so on...and these things get going by money too! :) Cheers... Bence

Hello Charlie! No, She's not. Placed the order. The local shop confirmed it. The nearest official dealership is in Poland - we are waiting for the delivery date to be announced by them. Sometime in December... Antique Natural - so sweet! [drool] Regards... Bence

Archived