Gibson Brands Forums

Too Far?

Jantha

I think things are going too far. Morality, Respect and responsibility are disappearing.

I always hated the branded FCUK stuff. Did you get them over there? If not, it was French Connection UK. Mainly T shirts.

But they had Stupid things on them. ie,I want a FCUK etc. Young kids would have them. I thought it was disgusting.

Just watch some of the stuff your kids are watching on Disney Channel. Some of those shows that are aimed at early teens are full of sexual innuendo. More than this Ice Cream.

... or some of Cartoon Network's newer cartoons.

meh, i'm not into sweaty balls myself but whatever [laugh]

if you don't lke cigarettes, don't smoke.

if you don't like drugs, don't do them.

if you don't like sports, don't watch them.

if you don't like abortions, don't have one.

if you don't like alcohol, don't drink.

if you don't like guns, don't buy one.

if you don't like your rights being taken away,

don't take away someone else's

AHA!........winner,winner!!

Eh.. It's not that it's that bad. I have a pretty crude sense of humor, and I don't really consider myself conservative. It's the trend that bothers me... I guess being a Dad changed my opinion on stuff like this. When I was 20, I would have laughed my *** off.

Anyway.. move along.

When my son was born 30 years ago, I noticed that many of my friends, also kids of the 60s and 70s, suddenly became stodgy and narrow parents when they had kids of their own. I honestly couldn't understand that change. I just continued to be myself, didn't stop cussin', didn't stop smoking dope, DID continue being genuine and honest. My son turned out fine, has a career, married, etc., and we have a great relationship. It made more sense to be real than to put on some kind of show, which kids see right through anyway, realizing their parents are hypocrites like other adults. He and I laughed our asses off then, and still do now.

I know what you're saying. I'm not staunch or narrow by any means. I'm very realistic and honest with my kids and we joke about stuff that I shouldn't be joking about with my children... really. I'm probably one of the most laid back dads around.

But even so, I still can't help but think that it's just a little too much for a product. Do I think it's bad enough to throw a fit and protest? No.

After thinking about it a bit, I don't think I'd mind as much if it were named after female anatomy. :lol: Maybe I'm a hipocrite.

BTW.. I appreciate your post and it's insight. I accidentally clicked the thumbs down while trying to scroll down (iPad is aggravating sometimes). Someone please give a plus because it's a good post.

meh, i'm not into sweaty balls myself but whatever [laugh]

if you don't lke cigarettes, don't smoke.

if you don't like drugs, don't do them.

if you don't like sports, don't watch them.

if you don't like abortions, don't have one.

if you don't like alcohol, don't drink.

if you don't like guns, don't buy one.

if you don't like your rights being taken away,

don't take away someone else's

Well played...

When my son was born 30 years ago, I noticed that many of my friends, also kids of the 60s and 70s, suddenly became stodgy and narrow parents when they had kids of their own. I honestly couldn't understand that change. I just continued to be myself, didn't stop cussin', didn't stop smoking dope, DID continue being genuine and honest. My son turned out fine, has a career, married, etc., and we have a great relationship. It made more sense to be real than to put on some kind of show, which kids see right through anyway, realizing their parents are hypocrites like other adults. He and I laughed our asses off then, and still do now.

We're exactly like that with our 7-year-old son. He knows the limits and what he should be careful of saying or doing at school and with his friends, and he's turning out to be a well-adjusted, creative,, and smart kid. In the long run, it pays to be real with your children.

I think too many parents give too much of a damn about the image that they project to The Joneses, and not just with their children. What they drive (and even HOW they drive), the house they own, the toys they have, the clothes they wear, the job/career that they have, and even where they go out to eat seem to take over their lives and create self-perpetuating stress that is absolutely pointless. To hell with them and so-called "social graces". They aren't giving me money because of what they think of me and mine, so I don't care...

Archived