Gibson Brands Forums

snow

Silenced Fred

[confused] Famous smell? [confused] Enlighten us, please.

Greeley is a relatively small (90,000 - 100,000 people) college town that is surrounded by dairy farms, stock yards and a major meat processing plant. All these things combined can make the air quite odoriferous at times. It's not nearly as bad as it used to be though. It's been getting steadily better since the late 90's. It's not really something you notice that much when you live here, except when the conditions are just right. However, pretty much everyone that visits here omplains about it. So.. the city is kinda famous in Colorado for being stinky.

It's the smell of agriculture I guess.. and it's all in what you're used to. I personally think that Denver smells worse.

Greeley is a relatively small (90,000 - 100,000 people) college town that is surrounded by dairy farms, stock yards and a major meat processing plant. All these things combined can make the air quite odoriferous at times. It's not nearly as bad as it used to be though. It's been getting steadily better since the late 90's. It's not really something you notice that much when you live here, except when the conditions are just right. However, pretty much everyone that visits here omplains about it. So.. the city is kinda famous in Colorado for being stinky.

It's the smell of agriculture I guess.. and it's all in what you're used to. I personally think that Denver smells worse.

Both smell like **** and I hate it. The first time it hit me, I thought someone took a **** on my face it was awful an there's no escaping it

Both smell like **** and I hate it. The first time it hit me, I thought someone took a **** on my face it was awful an there's no escaping it

[lol].. yea I can understand that. You should have smelled it when they used to burn off the blood at the plant.

[lol].. yea I can understand that. You should have smelled it when they used to burn off the blood at the plant.

I get terribly nauseous I have a terrible gag reflex as it is, but Jesus, put some air fresheners up or something like statewide. The first time I smelled it I couldn't stop throwing up. My friends were just laughing at me. That is definitely one thing I will never miss. I found it really strange how strong the smell in Denver was too. Just icky

I get terribly nauseous I have a terrible gag reflex as it is, but Jesus, put some air fresheners up or something like statewide. The first time I smelled it I couldn't stop throwing up. My friends were just laughing at me. That is definitely one thing I will never miss. I found it really strange how strong the smell in Denver was too. Just icky

I've never noticed a smell in Denver? Huh go figure and after moving I figured out that I can breathe and smell again.

I have been in the high elevations in Colorado in the middle of summer and seen it snowing!

Yup. We were up around between Vail and the Copper Mountain area this June and ran into snow. It's kinda weird to see, but it does happen at those altitudes.

Nothing here in Buffalo. Just flew back from DC and the weather was about the same. A bit of rain. I saw that the Albany area is going to get some snow. As I've said before we really don't get much snow in Buffalo (one darn storm many years ago branded us the snow capital but it's really not that bad here).

Archived