Gibson Brands Forums

Minimalistic rig

Thundergod

What really gets me is guys who spend a couple grand on the perfect tube amp, then put everything through the clean channel and switch on their effects. Effectively taking the Power Amp and replacing it with a $60 distortion pedal and burying it in Chorus or Flanger [confused].

word.

The only overdrive pedal I want is the F U C K overdrive by small sound big sound. Dub has one and I am super jelly. Other than that, I have a SHO boost (which Dub build) which just pushes the **** out of the amp, and I think I'm going to end up keeping the Baby Thundaa fuzz and my Swollen Pickle for fuzz, Carbon Copy for delay and add a phaser at some point.

I'm in no state to judge anyone, but I love it when people sound the same tone wise running their massive pedal board of crappy effects through a Divided by 13 or a Line 6.

Clean channel?

What the hell is that?

I use one channel amps. Crank 'em up and let 'em rip!

Clean channel? Not me.

for me, a clean channel is an amp channel without a master volume i.e. no gain control, so to get natural distortion, you just turn up the amp volume.

know what i mean?

I hear ya man. Foot switch for my amp a Keeley Katana a Polytune and an ISP Decimator. Thats my rig if you can call it that. The Keeley gets used for 3 songs and maybe 10 percent of each song the Decimator for the P90 50 hz love and basically I just use the amp. I've found that if you have your sound from your amp and not pedals its so much easier to reproduce. It just has to be good quality stuff to get a good sound.

I dunno. I like amps with clean and dirty channels. I really want a Mesa Dual Rec. I know, I know. Make fun all you want.

If I had one of those amps and a wah pedal, I'd be pretty well set for anything I can anticipate playing in the next five years, at the very least.

Its my favourite combo I just need a stadium to play it in

I'm a "minimalist," when it comes to "stage" or "performance" rigs.

Guitar(s), Amp, and as few pedals, as is absolutely needed, for

the songs we do. If I was only playing one type of music (say,

"Blues") I'd be down to 1 (maybe 2) guitars, amp and moderate

overdrive pedal.

However, all my guitars are paid for, I'm (already) down to the ones I

really want to keep, now...after trading in 4, for 1 new one. And, I like

the diversity of tones, from all of the ones I still own. I go through

periods, where I use primarily one guitar, plus the Ric 12-string...

always! Which "one" 6-string guitar, that is, varies. And, I like it,

that way.

I, quite often DO wonder, "why" I need all the guitars I have?!! Until

I pick one of them up, and play it...then, I know! ;>) I just LOVE guitars! LOL

CB

I'll make you a recording of fuzz, and I want you to match it with just an amp. deal?

I have not the technology for such a thing.

You could say I am so minimalistic I have no recording gear.

And look how minimalistic I am on here.

Archived