Gibson Brands Forums

Another New Strat! Thanks Fender for the $100 Instant Rebate!

bluesguitar65

HNGD.jpg

HNGD it's beautiful for sure!!!! Just love playing and hearing a Strat sing.

A add9, Musician's Friend has an Olympic White and will match any deal that GC will do (I know they are owned by the same company but there is heavy competition between them it seems).

MF Olym White w/ Rosewood

I believe I just received an Email or cat. from MF with a 15% off on any ONE item. Check it out. I like dealing with them much better than GC as if anything is ever wrong the correct it or take it back & pay the frt, period. Even sent me a new Guitar when I'd ordered a heavy discounted returned one & they couldn't find it. At the price for the used one of course. That's C/S IMHO.

Aster

how many strats do you have now?

Hmmmm.......... I think I have about 14 strats, I got more Gibsons than Fenders though. I hate selling stuff, I always regret selling them. To sum it up. Gibsons are like Fine Wine and Fenders are like Beer. You must have both [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper]

HNGD.jpg

HNGD it's beautiful for sure!!!! Just love playing and hearing a Strat sing.

A add9, Musician's Friend has an Olympic White and will match any deal that GC will do (I know they are owned by the same company but there is heavy competition between them it seems).

MF Olym White w/ Rosewood

I believe I just received an Email or cat. from MF with a 15% off on any ONE item. Check it out. I like dealing with them much better than GC as if anything is ever wrong the correct it or take it back & pay the frt, period. Even sent me a new Guitar when I'd ordered a heavy discounted returned one & they couldn't find it. At the price for the used one of course. That's C/S IMHO.

Aster

Yea I got the same email from MF and its actually a better deal than GC's $100 off deal for the weekend. I didn't go for that since I didn't want to wait a week and not play the guitar before I purchase it.

sweetwater currently has 2 in stock that will be un-boxed, given a 55 point inspection, set up, plugged in, and played before shipping.

i've never gotten a bad geet from sweetwater.

here's one in the "gallery" to see the other find the link w/it's sereal#

Am.Std Strat, OlyWht/rswd fb

and to the OP, bg65.....mannnn that's sweet !!! is that a NOS Champ you're pushing it thru?? thats a winner too!!

Thanks, Bender. Much appreciated. I'll give it a another couple weeks to see if GC or SA gets something in first. I'm also considering the same color/fretboard but in a 'Deluxe' which would give me the "noiseless pick-ups" as well.

man, you have too much money and i'd gladly releive you of some of it...paypal details sent via pm [biggrin]

i nearly pulled the trigger on one when i got an email from my local guitar shop regarding the £90 rebate.

might still :-k

LOL! I never have enough money to pass around. Besides, the English Pound is much higher value than the US Dollar...right?

Congrats! She's pretty.

I'm like THIS CLOSE to buying an American Standard myself, but neither G.C. or S.A. carry the Olympic White W/Rosewood. So, I'd almost have to order it, which I'm reluctant.... I'd rather see, and play what I'm buying before I buy it.

Enjoy

don't blame you. Even though the Fender guitars are all cnc controlled, you will find some difference in tone from supposedly identical guitars. Unfortunately, even if the wood all came from the same tree, no 2 guitars will sound identical.

Some people complain that Gibson's instruments have inconsistant tone and blame it on the fact that they still do a lot of work by hand. Fact is, even if the workers were that good as to make the specs of the guitar identical even on steps still done by hand, the resonant quality of the woods chosen for each guitar is going to result in a slightly different tone.

. I hate selling stuff too. Almost always want it back.

Aster.

That so sounds like me... I regret selling nearly every guitar I've owned and sold before I got my SG. I make it a point now not to sell anything unless I can get more than I paid for the guitar

I had an Ibanez copy of the Randy Rhoades Jackson that I sold about 6 or seven years ago. Supposedly the guy who bought it has never played it since the day he bought it. My next guitar purchase might be an offer to buy it back from him. I've been through a lot with that guitar, including my first and only appearance on television, my first paying gig, my first public performance, first out of province gig, my first experience in a real studio, and recording my first cd (done at home with a digital 8 track machine).

Once I've paid off some bills I might offer him $550 for it... sold it to him for $450, but taking into consideration there is less than 1000 of that particular model in existance and that the guitar's condition is less than mint (including a neck repair done after I'd discovered I was playing the guitar for 2 1/2 years with a cracked neck...lucky the crack was behind the locking nut from the floyd rose).

Hmmmm.......... I think I have about 14 strats, I got more Gibsons than Fenders though. I hate selling stuff, I always regret selling them. To sum it up. Gibsons are like Fine Wine and Fenders are like Beer. You must have both [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper]

Damn, man...I thought I was bad...But, You are Fender's and Musician's Friend's marketing department's "Wet dream!" Gibson's too, apparently. LOL

CB

Archived