Gibson Brands Forums

Rock-a-Billy

Californiaman

The link is in the post.

Needless to say these type of shorts are popular here in Nashville, they sell a lot of styles on Broadway by the Honky Tonks but it is better to buy at western stores that don't upcharge for tourists.

The only thing about these shorts is that because of the heavy embroidery they use thicker fabrics sometimes, if you live in a hot place just be careful with that.

The link is in the post.

Needless to say these type of shorts are popular here in Nashville, they sell a lot of styles on Broadway by the Honky Tonks but it is better to buy at western stores that don't upcharge for tourists.

The only thing about these shorts is that because of the heavy embroidery they use thicker fabrics sometimes, if you live in a hot place just be careful with that.

I have found them at Boot Barn and Carrs Western Wear here in Santa Maria, CA.

The last one I ordered came from the link I just posted.

Here are the last two I purchased.

I own the black with copper embroidery.

Snapshot2011-11-0611-36-41.jpg

And I couldn't pass up the Skull and Roses.

Snapshot2011-11-0609-50-56.jpg

Snapshot2011-11-0611-41-03.jpg

Really cool, I have a friend that has like 10, from minor to major embroidered motifs.

I have only one but the reason is that every time I see a design I like my size is not in stock.

That's my problem.

I'm a XXLTall or XXX so sizes are usually hard to come by.

I have found some XX that fit nicely though.

When I see 'em in my size I try to justify buying them.

People I meet say that I look good in them and they're very comfortable too.

I almost hadda laugh. It's more what I consider faux cowboy rather than what you see sold here where the guys know they'll have green mud on their boots. In fact, when I lived in Memphis almost 9 years, I never wore boots or hat that were and are again pretty much what I wear every day.

But then... even the ranchers who consider their graze by "sections" don't dress up much although they spend quite a bit on hats, boots and work chaps. My "winter" hat is over 20 years old, ditto my "go to a fire or some other nasty environment" hat.

Texas may be diff. I know some real "cowboys" from Cali who are lookin' to retire elsewhere.

m

To much devil supporting for me

I don't mind the skulls.. don't care for the devil sh*t though.

I disagree. The 666 stuff makes it for me. Pair that with the skulls and it has that Day of the Dead flavor. Like Danzig mixed with a twangy Gretsch.

Damian...

Maybe he would if he went to a rodeo - but not regularly for working cattle. <grin>

m

[scared] ......[crying] .......[lol] .....................I've heard stories about sheep tenders....ah, he wouldn't understand.....[blink][crying] :unsure: [drool] .....

Archived