Gibson Brands Forums

SLAYER

RS1976

Ah so you havn,t been to a Motorhead gig then.

Ive only heard bad things about Motorhead gigs, i was told you can barely hear the music its all too loud and distorted. Horrible sound quailty, had a chance to go but passed.

Ive only heard bad things about Motorhead gigs, i was told you can barely hear the music its all too loud and distorted. Horrible sound quailty, had a chance to go but passed.

so because you "heard" it was too loud and distorted you didn't go? you took someone elses opinion as fact?...not got a mind/opinion of your own then? [rolleyes]

so because you "heard" it was too loud and distorted you didn't go? you took someone elses opinion as fact?...not got a mind/opinion of your own then? [rolleyes]

It was more than one person if a bunch of people from different gigs tell you a band is bad live then you dont go.

But Slayer has their volume under control? [confused] I would never pass up an opportunity to form my own opinion.

Theres a difference from being loud and clear and loud and not clear...

Yeah, I know. I sat through the opening acts of Gigantour. Job for a Cowboy, High on Fire, and everyone besides Megadeth was distorted sounding, and even Megadeth wasn't at their best mix. It had a lot to do with the venue, actually it had everything to do with the venue. Gigantour 2006, every act besides Lamb of God was crystal clear. Lamb was a little distorted and mushy, but they still had a pretty good show.

Point is, I heard the difference, I didn't let other folks talk me out of the experience. That's just second hand news.

Archived