Gibson Brands Forums

Got a New Amp Today

bluesguitar65

Well, went to buy some strings at GC after work and heard this amp and said, to myself, "these set of strings would sound great with that amp". So I got the Egnator Tweaker 15 watt combo. I got it for $494 out the door and was still in the box [flapper] [flapper] [flapper] [flapper]

pb080161.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2011-11-08

pb080162.jpg

pb080161.jpg

pb080163i.jpg

pb080166.jpg

According to the reviews I've read in different guitar mags,the Egnater Tweaker is one of the most versatile amps out there and one of the best bargains.They say that it really lives up to the Tweaker name because you can tweak the controls to get a vast array of different sounds from it.Congrats on buying a greatamp.

According to the reviews I've read in different guitar mags,the Egnater Tweaker is one of the most versatile amps out there and one of the best bargains.They say that it really lives up to the Tweaker name because you can tweak the controls to get a vast array of different sounds from it.Congrats on buying a greatamp.

I would have to agree. There are three different tone settings on this 15 watt all tube amp. It uses 6V6 tubes instead of the usually El84 tubes that you see with amps at this watt and price range.

Congrats on the new amp.

Out of curiosity why do you have your looper before your delay?

I just like to option of adding and removing any delay effects on the fly when I'm doing a backing track. This setup seems to work best for me, plus the RC-2 tend to sound muddy if you record a delay with it.

I'm jealous... can't find these amps in my area and because of this there is no amp tech who is certified to service them... My next amp purchase, I might just take a chance and get one anyway. I love the tones of Egnater; especially the Rebel amps.

I say go for it. These are great sounding maps.

Here is my pedal setup this evening.

pb080164.jpg

I see that you have a tc electronics flashback, can I have your opinion on this, I have the boss DD-6, but I find it very noisy, so I am looking for a replacement.

and what about the micro vibe, may I ask you some video test on both?

[thumbup]

I see that you have a tc electronics flashback, can I have your opinion on this, I have the boss DD-6, but I find it very noisy, so I am looking for a replacement.

and what about the micro vibe, may I ask you some video test on both?

[thumbup]

Hey awel!!

The Flashback is such a great pedal. There is so much options you can do with this pedal and my favorite of all is the tape settings. I also have the DD-6 and I know what you are talking about regarding the noise. The Flashback is much quieter. I've even put away the Lovepedal GEN5 echo to favor the flashback. Also, of all the vibe pedals around the $150 range, the Micro Vibe is the best sounding. I can say it comes close to the full tone, but at a more affordable price. I have the lovepedal micro vibe, the BBE soul vibe and the dunlopy univibe and non has that hendrix woodstock, band of gypsies vibe tone as the micro vibe. Yes, I will be working on a demo on these pedals.

Hey awel!!

The Flashback is such a great pedal. There is so much options you can do with this pedal and my favorite of all is the tape settings. I also have the DD-6 and I know what you are talking about regarding the noise. The Flashback is much quieter. I've even put away the Lovepedal GEN5 echo to favor the flashback. Also, of all the vibe pedals around the $150 range, the Micro Vibe is the best sounding. I can say it comes close to the full tone, but at a more affordable price. I have the lovepedal micro vibe, the BBE soul vibe and the dunlopy univibe and non has that hendrix woodstock, band of gypsies vibe tone as the micro vibe. Yes, I will be working on a demo on these pedals.

Thanks man, can't wait to hear and see it. [thumbup]

I have the viper vibe (T-Rex) but I feel like it add some fuzz to the sound that I don't like so much, perhaps the pedal has a default, I have bought it second hand.

Archived