Gibson Brands Forums

Lets see em. show your acoustics!!

Svet

hey guys, I started a thread over in the lounge but thought maybe the pic could start a new show off your guitar thread. So let's see your acoustics! here are mine:

acoustics2.jpg

Martin d35,Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500r, little martin lx1e and Martin 000-28

252xj.jpg

Epiphones

Top: Masterbilt AJ500RC, Masterbilt AJ500R, Mastrbilt DR500M, Elitist J-200

Bottom: Elitist Texan, Elitist McCartney Texan, Elitist McCartney Texan, EL-00

227ii.jpg

Gibsons

Top: J-160E Standard (x braced solid top), J-160E Peace (ladder braced laminated top), Advanced Jumbo, Short-Scale Maple Advanced Jumbo

Bottom: J-45 Custom Rosewood Vine, Southern Jumbo True Vintage, J-45 True Vintage, Fuller's J-35 Reissue, J-185 Vine

Red 333

There it is! Red, you have the best collection I've ever seen! What's your total count? Ive been scaling back. I cant remember if Ive asked or seen your amps

Thanks, Svet. I appreciate it. There are a few people over at the Gibson Acoustic forum who have collections that mine look a starter kit! Even though you're downsizing, you still have a very tasty collection. Well-chosen.

I have four more acoustics not pictured, including a Masterbilt AJ500M and an EJ-160E. I guess I have about an equal number of electrics as acoustics (you've seen those pictures). I haven't bought a new guitar this year, though, but I have been tempted!

I don't have any pictures of my amps. They're mostly small 5 watters these days, which are fine around the house. I have a couple of Epiphone Valve Juniors, a Fender Champ, a Gibson GA-5 (awesome), and a few solid state amps, too. I also have an Epiphone Blues Custom. Do you still have yours, or did you find a buyer? It's a very good amp.

Good to see you can find time to post from time to time; there's lots to do when starting a new family, huh?

Take care!

Red 333

1956 Epiphone FT-79 (it now has a pickguard)

EpiphoneFT-79013-1.jpg

1932 National Duolian & 1935 Kay Kraft

007.jpg

1947 Gibson LG-2

006-1.jpg

1930 Oscar Schmidt First Hawaiin Conservatory of Music concert

022.jpg

1930s May-Bell (made by Slingerland) Style 75

MayBell005.jpg

1960 Gibson J-200 & 1960 Harmony Sovereign

004-1-1.jpg

1972 Guild D-25

1972GuildD-25011.jpg

Thanks Red,

I can't explain it but they tend to find me. Some of them were unplayable and unwanted when took them in. I give them a home and try to get them back in playable condition but just do not seem to get around to the cosmetics. So while they play and sound good the ain't gonna take home any beauty awards.

The one with the cool factor though is the National Duolian. John Hammond, Jr. played it when he was recording "In Your Arms Again" in a coverted church in Salina, Kansas.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived