Gibson Brands Forums

Please tell me this isn't factory!!!!!

ESP-335

I've never been a fan of "relic" guitars - lots of $$$ for something that started out new but then was given the "pulled behind the pick-up truck" treatment>

Saw this on eBay - what do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Gibson-ES-335-/290632959342?pt=Guitar&hash=item43ab13056e

i dont know anything about es 335s

but Jezus, thats ugly and bad done

and look at the sloppy placement of the guitar tuners

O U C H !

OMG that's horrible.

They forgot to mention that little spot on the neck . . . . the worst. Here's there excuse to the question on it: "The line on the back of the neck isn't a crack or a split. This guitar has never had any cracks or chips in the neck or the body, and has never needed repaired. We are the original owners. The line is superficial, and is where the hard lacquer on the back of the neck meets the antique stain of the body. The wood is solid; it's just a transition in finishes." How about being honest - the finish is a POS!

$(KGrHqJ,!lYE6463mn5+BOwWy(Ewbw~~60_3.JPG

O U C H !

OMG that's horrible.

They forgot to mention that little spot on the neck . . . . the worst. Here's there excuse to the question on it: "The line on the back of the neck isn't a crack or a split. This guitar has never had any cracks or chips in the neck or the body, and has never needed repaired. We are the original owners. The line is superficial, and is where the hard lacquer on the back of the neck meets the antique stain of the body. The wood is solid; it's just a transition in finishes." How about being honest - the finish is a POS!

$(KGrHqJ,!lYE6463mn5+BOwWy(Ewbw~~60_3.JPG

I would have to see this one to believe it. Nothing really rings true here in this description.

I've never been a fan of "relic" guitars - lots of $$$ for something that started out new but then was given the "pulled behind the pick-up truck" treatment>

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Gibson-ES-335-/290632959342?pt=Guitar&hash=item43ab13056e

Looks like someone tried to refinish it and stopped part way. I'd find another one.

Looks like someone tried to refinish it and stopped part way. I'd find another one.

Oh, I wasn't planning on buying this guitar - I just happen to come across it while looking at what other folks were trying to sell and the prices they were asking. I already have the perfect ES335 for me - my gloss ebony '86. Thanks for the good advice anyway!

Ed

Oh my god, this is horrible. Has Gibson built this guitars in past?!?

No Way this is a Relic made by gibson or anyone who knows his job for that matter!

I'm amazed about how much BS people are willing to take... there are bids on this auction...

this guitar looks like it was ran over by a truck...

Archived