Gibson Brands Forums

Sitar simulator pedal

EpiphoneFan1989

It sounds really horrible to me as far as "sitar emulation", but you could probably tweak it to make some sweet crazy noises.

Sticking something under the bridge of your guitar so it just slightly touches the strings seems to be a much better simulation of a sitar and it's free.

It sounds really horrible to me as far as "sitar emulation", but you could probably tweak it to make some sweet crazy noises.

Sticking something under the bridge of your guitar so it just slightly touches the strings seems to be a much better simulation of a sitar and it's free.

as a weird noise machine, i guess its cool.

as a sitar emulator, it kind of sucks IMO. isn't it like expensive too?

personally i dont think it sounds very authentic

You are right, it's kind of like getting a keyboard to sound like a guitar, it doesn't quite cut it. However, you can do a lot with what it produces.

Since the Ravish is a bit expensive, I didn't tell my wife that I bought it. When I started playing it, she stormed in the room to chew me out for buying a sitar.

I can't be the only one who thinks it sounds exactly like one of those disgusting digital harmony effects from the 80s right?

I like the drone/Freeze part of it and thought that was pretty clever to incorporate into the pedal, but the harmony/octave thing is absolutely horrible. IMO anyways..

Not my mug of beer, but I can also see why one could find it useful. It would've been a godsend to Roger McGuinn back in the 60s.

Also, I just wanted to use the expression "not my mug of beer," because my wallet's empty and I really want beer.

Fuuny, my wallets empty and i want to buy juice. [crying]

You are right, it's kind of like getting a keyboard to sound like a guitar, it doesn't quite cut it. However, you can do a lot with what it produces.

Since the Ravish is a bit expensive, I didn't tell my wife that I bought it. When I started playing it, she stormed in the room to chew me out for buying a sitar.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with what your saying aswell. Even though it doesnt have the most authentic tone, it is workable for certain things and would be great fun just to mess around with. Hope she didnt injure you too badly [flapper]

Archived