Gibson Brands Forums

Black Friday

Jantha

The incidents are simply over represented in the media. Any time huge numbers of people all go out to do the same thing, there will be a few incidents. Its a fact. Anyone here grow up in or go to school in a football town? You know how many fights there are after the Ohio State-Michigan game? How about 49ers @ Raiders? If you're a Giants fan, you better have your affairs in order before you take a road trip to see your team play 9 innings in LA. I'll bet $$ you are statistically more likely to catch a butt whoopin' if you go out for a cocktail in Lincoln after any Nebraska home game than you are braving the Black Friday shopping crowds.

I've just never understood the desire/need, to put up with those kinds

of crowds, lines, and associated hassles. [scared][cursing] There is nothing I need or want,

that would require me to bother with all that. I've never done "Black Friday,"

and, likely, never will. And, the older I get...the less I like ANY kind of

crowd situation, period.

I've just never understood the desire/need, to put up with those kinds

of crowds, lines, and associated hassles. [scared][cursing] There is nothing I need or want,

that would require me to bother with all that. I've never done "Black Friday,"

and, likely, never will. And, the older I get...the less I like ANY kind of

crowd situation, period.

I'm odd in the senses that I hate crowded shopping malls and stores... but have no problem braving the crowd to see a band that I really enjoy.

I'm odd in the senses that I hate crowded shopping malls and stores... but have no problem braving the crowd to see a band that I really enjoy.

Yeah, it may be an "age" thing, with me. I never used to mind crowds, at music events,

but they were usually a lot less unruley, than some of the one's I've been to, in the

last few years. Kinda like "Woodstock '69 vs Woodstock '99" I guess? LOL

CB

I got a new Sony TV from Sears for $450 of the regular price and all I did was have to wait till 12:01 and then I bought it off the website. Just had the site up on the screen at midnight watched the price fall and hit send and I ordered it. I'm picking it up tomorrow at 11am at a local store. So not such a bad deal, I'll get on life at midnight to save $450 dollars any time. [thumbup]

Of course now I have top watch games on a 40 inch TV instead of my 65inch Mitsubishi because my wife bought a new entertainment center and that's the largest TV that would fit. [crying]

Archived