Gibson Brands Forums

Customer Service

badger2196

Here's a good one for you on the topic of missing Epi swag.

Last weekend I went with my Son to a fairly large music store north of Toronto (they're an Epi dealer), to pick up a new guitar - a esp ec401 - so the sales guy asks if we want to buy a gig bag or case and I say forget it we already have so many cases, I'll take it in a box.

He disappears and comes back with it all packed up - in an Epi box, low and behold when we got home and opened it up, ya free Epi swag!! -

Here's a good one for you on the topic of missing Epi swag.

Last weekend I went with my Son to a fairly large music store north of Toronto (they're an Epi dealer), to pick up a new guitar - a esp ec401 - so the sales guy asks if we want to buy a gig bag or case and I say forget it we already have so many cases, I'll take it in a box.

He disappears and comes back with it all packed up - in an Epi box, low and behold when we got home and opened it up, ya free Epi swag!! -

Not only did GC not give me the swag when I bought the Junior, when I asked for the box, as it was a Christmas present, they gave me a Fender box.

Does anyone ever get responses from Epiphone/Gibson customer service? I have filed 3 questions with "Talk 2 Us" and have not heard a peep out of them.

What questions did you have for CS?

Maybe if you ask here, you might be able to get them answered, maybe even answered better?

The Epi forum has a history of being not only helpful, but highly knowledgeable.

Many retailers have a habit of making the extras disappear. There are several reasons..

But the question is why this would happen; this doesn't matter how small or big the 'free' thing packaged with a new boxed pack. Why not the company clearly mention the extra stuff those packed with the box (?) and this could quite cut-down all the confusion harassment that a buyer could face! and this would also clearly tell the buyer what they're going to get when they go purchase a newly boxed pack from the store! (presuming that the store provide the things in a company provided box) Packaging can do many things!

Why not the company clearly mention the extra stuff those packed with the box (?)

They do. This is from the man himself: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/51863-what-comes-with-a-new-epiphone-guitar/

(presuming that the store provide the things in a company provided box)

This is the problem. I don't think most of them really give a s*** and to be honest, most of their customers probably don't either.

They do. This is from the man himself: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/51863-what-comes-with-a-new-epiphone-guitar/

This is the problem. I don't think most of them really give a s*** and to be honest, most of their customers probably don't either.

Ah Great Lord!! This is the problem why I mentioned to write down the 'extra' goodies over the boxed pack!! They should be written clearly over the box package!! I've purchased my Epi Les Paul Standard online from a US dealer and I'm now see these things were missing from my package!! -

3. 10’ Economy Cord – This comes with all electric and acoustic/electric instruments.

6. eSonic/eSonic-2 User’s Manual – This goes into details regarding the features, benefits and use of our preamp system that is used in most of our acoustic/electric guitars. This comes with only acoustic/electric guitars.

7. Truss Rod Adjustment Wrench – Remember… if you don’t know how to adjust your truss rod, don’t attempt it. You could do permanent damage to your instrument. If you think an adjustment is needed, take it to an authorized service center.

• All “Packs”: Gigbag

Great lord!! They've theft my goodies!! oh god

Ah Great Lord!! This is the problem why I mentioned to write down the 'extra' goodies over the boxed pack!! They should be written clearly over the box package!! I've purchased my Epi Les Paul Standard online from a US dealer and I'm now see these things were missing from my package!! -

3. 10' Economy Cord – This comes with all electric and acoustic/electric instruments.

6. eSonic/eSonic-2 User's Manual – This goes into details regarding the features, benefits and use of our preamp system that is used in most of our acoustic/electric guitars. This comes with only acoustic/electric guitars.

7. Truss Rod Adjustment Wrench – Remember… if you don't know how to adjust your truss rod, don't attempt it. You could do permanent damage to your instrument. If you think an adjustment is needed, take it to an authorized service center.

• All "Packs": Gigbag

Great lord!! They've theft my goodies!! oh god

Those bastards <<< voiced by the South Park gang.

Just wanted to point out my experience with Gibson Customer Service this morning:

Called at 9:14 am and was speaking to a human being (Vince) by 9:14:37 am. :37 seconds and I had a knowledgeable employee who answered all of my questions, with technical data, that he knew off of the top of his head. No holding, no waiting, no BS. Great job Gibson!

Archived