Gibson Brands Forums

Foreign birds

E-minor7

The pheasants are revolting!........I wonder what the bill would be to remove that duck?

To find out, you could take it to your local luthier, or consult with one of the many guitar quacks around here. I know a doctor who plays guitar. I guess that makes him a..........

Wait 'til you see HIS bill!

"The pheasants are revolting"? You've outdone yourself, Wily!

I find this recent un-pheasantness to be alarming. I think I'll duck out to a bar for a drink. This whole discussion really ruffles my feathers.

Blah, blah, blah.......

Something to aim at if you're out hunting – does anyone have the range.

The1964 J-200 in EA's Only a Gibson. . . thread sounds very convincing. This one could be in the same league of oldies 200's. I'm not sure if there is a remarkable bracing difference between first half 50's and first half 60's 200's like there is when talking J-45's, but it could be the case. Better look into The Fabulous Flat-Tops. . .

No matter what, this to me is a vintage Jumbo out of this world when it comes to looks – I even dig the duck and pheasant. As the add says, they kind of belong there, , , have melted into the finish.

Don't know about the price, but they normally fly up there, don't they. Beyond my budget I'm afraid.

Okay I could sell a vase. . . .

Just so long as it's not a turkey. It costs a fair few guineas, and I'd be too chicken to spend that much on a second-hand guitar without playing it first.

And for homework, recite the following ten times without stopping:

I'm not a pheasant plucker,

I'm a pheasant plucker's son,

And I sit here plucking pheasants

Till the pheasant plucker comes.

The sight of this J-200 is directly unhealthy for me – It's like the Sophia Loren of guitars.

The curves are a bit ..... distracting.

But you are assuming the kids here know Sophia Loren. Let's just say there's probably not a better looking 77-year-old on the face of the planet. And her shape was/is quite similar to this old J-200.

The curves are a bit ..... distracting.

But you are assuming the kids here know Sophia Loren. Let's just say there's probably not a better looking 77-year-old on the face of the planet. And her shape was/is quite similar to this old J-200.

Yeeeh I know, but I had to pick a vintage still timeless woman – besides I know there is a lot of veterans here he he. . . The youngsters have to learn. Wait a minute, , , another pic. is comin' up. . .

.........................................................................................SophiaLoren.jpg

.................................................................................................................................................

....................................................................Sophia2-.jpg

And btw. actually I'm more into Bardot -

I think the one of the last 52 SJ200s I had , it went for 7500.00 and it was cleaner than the one pictured.. and it had No seventies stickers on it... that sold about 4 years ago.. they still have that special Sound though...

Archived