Gibson Brands Forums

eddie van halen is finished...

S t e v e

i just listened to the new VH album and was so glad the DLR was back on board...gutted, i was expecting so much more from eddie (and before you say he's been there done that and has nothing to prove) BULLCRAP!...i read on here how malmsteen and vai are stuck in the 80's, listen to eddies playing! sounds like an 80's kid in a guitar store just learning to play, maybe the drugs have done him in or he just can't be bothered and just needs some cash?

i tell ya now, there are players about now that maybe looked up to eddie back in the day that would play him off the stage right now...he's finished. #-o

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too sound pretty much the same way I did back in the early 80's, but I was better then. [biggrin]

I'm not one to judge, because I'm nowhere near what Eddie has accomplished, and neither are you.....

I'm enjoying VH's recent work [thumbup]

and neither are you

very true, but i'm not the famous one who changed guitar and what you could do with it, in the 80's...or who's current abilty is under question (by me), respect for who he is and what he done but now?...he's lacking [bored]

i just listened to the new VH album and was so glad the DLR was back on board...gutted, i was expecting so much more from eddie (and before you say he's been there done that and has nothing to prove) BULLCRAP!...i read on here how malmsteen and vai are stuck in the 80's, listen to eddies playing! sounds like an 80's kid in a guitar store just learning to play, maybe the drugs have done him in or he just can't be bothered and just needs some cash?

i tell ya now, there are players about now that maybe looked up to eddie back in the day that would play him off the stage right now...he's finished. #-o

He sounded good at the Cafe Wha? gig but haven't heard the album yet. I'm just glad Dave's back and there is no synth (I hope).

What, Eddie should be "someone else?" :rolleyes:[confused] Clapton isn't what he was, in the 60's either! But, in some (a lot of) ways, he's much better!

Besides, Everyone's a GD "critic!" Mostly, people who haven't done Shite! You like him/her/them, or don't...no big deal.

Are "Classical" players, "stuck" in the century that the composer wrote in? I guess you could say so,

in some ways. But, so what?!

CB

Certainly you're entitled to your opinion

However having my listening choices, I certainly would choose Eddies worst guitar work over yours and my best work any day. [biggrin]

why isn't he "playing up to his reputation" on this album?, with all the "better" new guitarists out there now...we want more!

why isn't he "playing up to his reputation" on this album?, with all the "better" new guitarists out there now...we want more!

Eddies current playing meets my expectations [confused] If it doesnt meet yours, find soemthing else to listen to....

Music listeners SHOULD be critics....we expect artists to grow and evolve...not to sound like the same album over and over.

Agreed, to a point, Shred...but, it's only one album, and who says he hasn't grown, or evolved?

We don't know that! We don't know, what he's quite capable of, based on any one album, or song,

or lead guitar break. Maybe it IS a "knock off," effort...for just his/their own amusement?

You don't have to buy it! That alone, will send all the critique, that's needed...IMHO, as always. [biggrin]

CB

Well its clear you are ok with (and even like) listening to the same album over and over again by a different name. :) P.S. You're wasting your money. :)

And thats ok...like you said, people listen to music differently. You guys just listen to it wrong. :) hehehehehehe [flapper]

Eddies current playing meets my expectations [confused] If it doesnt meet yours, find soemthing else to listen to....

duane, i listened to it for the first time today...it DON'T meet my expectations and i WILL find something else, not a big deal realy [unsure]

Agreed, to a point, Shred...but, it's only one album, and who says he hasn't grown, or evolved?

We don't know that! We don't know, what he's quite capable of, based on any one album, or song,

or lead guitar break. Maybe it IS a "knock off," effort...for just his/their own amusement?

You don't have to buy it! That alone, will send all the critique, that's needed...IMHO, as always. [biggrin]

CB

I'm not going to argue about my perception of music with you. I do agree with you on the whole buying it thing which I have already addressed. This album will not be joining my collection. [crying]

Archived