Gibson Brands Forums

The Darkness is back!

HeadCase

I have a soft spot for the darkness and thought the first album in particular was a great rock record. I also like the way the band are piss takers out of them selves - cool guys and they are a bit of a breath of fresh air in today's mainstream music!

Matt

Saw them Feb 10 in Detroit! What a show! 1hr 45 min of rock and roll bliss. I only wish crown jewel defense had gotten sacked so foxy could have played longer, but I will be seeing foxy again April 5 so no worries there.

Would have like the darkness to play this song too:

"Girl, with the hazel eyes Ahhhhah ahhhh ah ah ah oooh oooohoooo"

Saw them Feb 10 in Detroit! What a show! 1hr 45 min of rock and roll bliss. I only wish crown jewel defense had gotten sacked so foxy could have played longer, but I will be seeing foxy again April 5 so no worries there.

Would have like the darkness to play this song too:

"Girl, with the hazel eyes Ahhhhah ahhhh ah ah ah oooh oooohoooo"

They played Hazel Eyes at the Minneapolis show two weeks ago. This was the third time I've seen the Darkness live and they played a bunch of stuff this time that I had not seen them do live before, it was a great show.

Im not quite sure how to feel about this..

I too sorta liked the first album, there was some nice riffs on it and it certainly came out at a time when there wasnt much rock around.. But man Justin's voice just does my head in after a while.. Plus it was hard to take them seriously (I know they wernt meant to be).. But maybe that was their mistake??.. So heres hoping for the new album, but when they released this I think I kinda gave up on them :)

Archived