Gibson Brands Forums

NCD - New Cab Day

Thundergod

Just built me a new 1x12 cab (I didn't have any 1x12s aside from the one that came with the night train and I didn't like how it sounded with any amp).

The speaker is, as always an Eminence Red Coat Private Jack. The cab is the smallest a 1x12 can get and with a sealed back, sounds great the amp really came to life with this cab, I also changed the name/logo from O.A.G. (which stand for my name and 2 last names as is used around here) and put just OA in there, looks better IMO.

I took a couple of pics and left the AC30 and guitar in there so everyone could make out the size.

IMG_2731.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

I'll probably have a surprise later today... probably, something I don't really do as I am not a surprise guy or a post videos guy LOL.

Anyway... the third knob is the AfterBurner circuit, it gives you extra 20dB output :) and you can set it to your preference and just pull it up when you need that li'l extra umpf! It's very useful, not only for OD/dist but also for clean leads and clean stuff. If you lower the tone a little and put the AB halfway up, you get a really nice jazzy tone, out of a tele! When it's down it doesn't do a thing but I find it a cool option to have on the guitar. The pickups are the T-set by EMG, my favorite set so far, this is my main guitar and the one I keep coming back to even when I get a new guitar... it's just amazing.

You'll get 'em... as soon as I figure out how to edit video LOL.

I was using it with only the guitar and a cable, on the "thick" channel, with the gain at the max and volume at half (EQ is bypassed on that channel), and at 7.5W (triode mode). Hard to clean it up with the guitar's volume at that setting.

Yesterday I was noodling around with it and got the bright channel to give me a great OD sound with the guitar's volume at 10, really nice cleans with the guitar volume at 7 and more OD with the guitar's booster at 6, no hiss or hum. [thumbup]

Archived