Gibson Brands Forums

On the road again

Silverbursted

Well, here I go again, hitting the road again. Heading to beautiful Mojave, CA for a week and a half. Not quite as picturesque as my last trip, but hey LA is only 1 1/2 hours away. I will only have one weekend free, so I'm planning on swinging through Malibu to see an old friend, then into Hollywood or ???. I will probably go to the Hollywood GC because it is supposed to be their flagship, don't know but I'll report back.

I think I feel a case of G.A.S. building. Recommendations???=D>:-& :-&

Hey man... this GAS you talk about... is it GAS for expensive things or for little cheap things?

If it is for little things... (those little things that give life a little flavor) try the VOX ampplug... and, the electro harmonix mirco guitar synth... (if you are into that kind of stuff: psychodelic sounds...).

Got any recording equipment?

What fx do you like man?

Well, hope everything goes as desired, have fun, and be back soon. (with pics of course).

Hey man... this GAS you talk about... is it GAS for expensive things or for little cheap things?

If it is for little things... (those little things that give life a little flavor) try the VOX ampplug... and' date=' the electro harmonix mirco guitar synth... (if you are into that kind of stuff: psychodelic sounds...).

Got any recording equipment?

What fx do you like man?

Well, hope everything goes as desired, have fun, and be back soon. (with pics of course).[/quote']

Funny you should mention the VOX AMPLUG. I am taking my Traveler Speedster and an AMPLUG that I keep in the bag. As far as the EHMGS (too lazy to spell it out), I never heard it or of it. I'll have to go check it out.

Thanks

I think I feel a case of G.A.S. building. Recommendations???=D>:-s=P~

Are you thinking about another Les Paul, or just a new guitar in general?

You know what I'm going to tell you if you're going for another Les Paul...buy a reissue. O:)

I'm thinking one of two things...a Custom or something with P-90s.

SB, what amp do you have? You already have a some nice guitars, maybe complement them with a sweet amp?

Are you thinking about another Les Paul' date=' or just a new guitar in general?

You know what I'm going to tell you if you're going for another Les Paul...buy a reissue. O:)

I'm thinking one of two things...a Custom or something with P-90s.

SB, what amp do you have? You already have a some nice guitars, maybe complement them with a sweet amp?[/quote']

It's sad to say, but I am not GASSING for any guitars right now. I love what I have, and I don't want to make any of the girls jealous. Although if I come across a nice Neal Schon Les Paul or R6 or..., I may have to reconsider. Damn this GAS. #-o #-o #-o

I'm definitely leaning toward a new amp. I have a VOX and a Roland now, Played an Egnator Tourmaster not too long ago and really liked it. Then someone pointed out the new Egnator Rebel 20 (I think it was Jesse). Looks and sounds like a pretty nice setup, at least on video, and it's the size I can really use.

Have a great time... I lived in LA for 12 years before moving to Spain... I used to go to Guitar Center a lot, great store. Tthey have the best collection of vintage guitars on the planet, usually highly priced. With the way things are you might be able to score something for a good price, or at least have fun looking!!

If you go to GC on Sunset, make sure you hit up Sam Ash across the street... there are at least half a dozen killer guitar stores in those 2-blocks of sunset blvd, including 2 antique ones with sweet oddball amps. If you're a boozer, also stop by Tiki Ti for a Buga Buga, you will not regret it.

Oh, and GC has 2 somewhat hidden back rooms where the higher-end goodies are.

Have a damn good time amigo.

Archived