Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar Day!

Twiz

Congrats, brother. Tele Deluxe are great guitars. I have played a few originals and if the RIs are anything like them, get ready to rock!

btw if you want to restore the wide range pickups closer to vintage specs, check out this Curtis Novak cat - http://curtisnovak.com/pickups/repairs/WRHB-Ri-LeeR_V-2-0-Proto1/ . He restores WRHB for my favorite guitar player Lee Ranaldo.

Or you could hit up the Gibson Forums own pickup guru Searcy. Maybe he could do a restore-to-vintage-specs on those wide ranges?

And now for the crappy news... This is pretty much the only thing wrong with my new (to me) Tele. The previous owner says he smacked it off a doorway or something. [cursing] Weird. Anyway, the pic looks worse than it actually is. There's maybe 1/8" of wood missing in the chip. My friend that fixed the neck on my Les Paul Special said he could fix it. I dunno. I may leave it how it is. Mojo right? I mean, if I soak the saddles and bridge in saltwater, and sand through the finish on the body in some spots, I can flip this thing as a relic'd Tele right? [flapper][blink][scared] Just joking!

headstock.jpg

Small peanuts. Not worth fixing. Mojo? No. Realness? Yes. Once you wear the frets out you'll replace the neck anyway! [biggrin] Enjoy it.

Haha. Thanks man. I think I'm going to have my luthier friend lacquer over it at least. Just so the wood is sealed. I like the chip, it adds some character.

Side note, I've been watching a lot of YouTube vids of Tele players these past couple days. -Mostly country guys. Holy crap, I need to practice more.

Haha. No, I'm saving my vacation for a trip to Vegas in the fall.

Ill be there in fall as well, Mandalay Bay then Red Rock Resort. I just read that Gibson opened a new showroom in Las Vegas

I don't know when you'll be there but if you go early Nov 10 & 11th Aviation Nation at Nellis AFB

is a must.

Archived