Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone strings size ?

woody.Prm

Yes, the type of guitar would be needed to give an accurate answer. Also, if you generally like feel of he stock strings, staying with the same guage will allow you to avoid making further adjustments to the guitar such as intonation and nut slot spacing which is typically necessary when going to thicker guages...

That link ain't working for me Brad, I knew there was a thread somewhere, just didn't know where to find it.

That's weird, it works for me.

He can just google it then. That's what I did. [thumbup]

That's weird, it works for me.

Argh, my bad, I didn't realize it was a PDF and I have the browser set to automatically download rather than view them, just went to my download directory and had 10 copies of it <sitting in the corner wearing a dunces hat>.

Regardless of what strings come with a guitar, I always put on 9's, as that's what I want. Doesn't really matter what the manufacturer put on, he's not the one playing it. The nut slots and saddles work for a variety of string gauges.

That depends if you go too thick of a gauge over what the nut was cut for there's a high possibility of binding issues which will cause tuning issues especially while doing bends.

Archived