Gibson Brands Forums

The flapping Bird

E-minor7

When you can see the line down from the bridge that's not good is it?

That doesn't matter at all. It's just a question of the way the light reflects off the grain of the book-matched spruce. Photograph it from a different angle, and it will look different.

Nothing wrong or odd* with this Hummingbird – in fact I would recommend the seller to bring these pics op on the Bay-page. Thank you for sending them further Motherop.

I feel very lucky to own one of these – (in some way I still can't get to the bottom of, which probably is exactly how it should be) - and would be savagely drawn to the thing if it wasn't in my possesion.

Seller should wise up and learn a little about woods.

*Ouuh the t.r. cover is turned around as Nick says. I always presume people do this to get a shape-wise harmony between cover and headstock (narrow to broader). From a traditionalist's viewpoint I guess it just looks clumsy.

Truss rod cover may be backwards because of truss rod adjustment and they did,t pay attention when they put it back on.

Tall amateurs then – how about the theory that the former owner simply wanted to be able read the word HUMMINGBIRD while playing. . .

- as it's actually difficult to see the flora'n'fauna from behind the guitar.

What's a good value for these? It's here in Canada in the same province I live in? Is it worth the 3500?

My brother bought one from this run at auction not long ago. I believe he paid around $2200. I thought that was a heck of good deal. It is a really great guitar!

My brother bought one from this run at auction not long ago. I believe he paid around $2200. I thought that was a heck of good deal. It is a really great guitar!

You were right - follow him closely as the guitar develops.

Archived