Gibson Brands Forums

Flea

EVOL!

HBO has been airing this year's ceremony. RHCP got inducted and Flea gave one of the best, most heart felt speeches. That cat is the real deal.

Just wanted to share this.

HBO has been airing this year's ceremony. RHCP got inducted and Flea gave one of the best, most heart felt speeches. That cat is the real deal.

Cheers... and yes I totally agree.. Flea is the man :)

Did you ever see this vid he did with River Phoenix.. very very cool stuff ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ac9DpeB-xM

Cheers... and yes I totally agree.. Flea is the man :)

Did you ever see this vid he did with River Phoenix.. very very cool stuff ;)

Ah, maryjane. How I miss you.

Silly, isn't it. I do use cat a lot because it is non gender specific and dude has taken on such a *** connotation.

Not to mention you can get banned around here for calling someone dude.

You mean you actually watched it? AND I THOUGHT WE WERE FORUM FRIENDS!!!!

Just yankin' chains here, no big deal.

As far as the RRHF goes, I'm almost as bad as Eddie Trunk. So many great bands left out. Rush, KISS, UFO, Scorpions, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Ten Years After, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Electric Flag, Average White Band, and probably the one I most don't understand why they ain't in, Deep Purple! Smoke On The Water is everyone's (not everyone, but ya' know what I mean) first riff, and I doubt there is a more recognizable lick in the history of the guitar. Sad, really.

And was Frampton ever inducted? I don't know, but he should be! Not that it matters, which is Alex Lifeson's view on the whole thing (which I read in a Vintage Guitar issue). And on the last TMS episode (with Michael Schenker and Mike McCreadey), Jim (as in Florentine) brought up Pearl Jam being inducted when it's their time (which they probably will), which got Eddie goin' of course, and Mike replied that he and Stone Gossard agreed that if they are inducted, they will refuse until they induct KISS. Eddie loved that idea! To quote the man, "that would be like the most awesome thing ever!".

I'm not a Chili Peppers fan at all, as I don't care for Anthony Kiedis's voice nor Frusciante's playing. But I like Flea and Chad Smith (cause' I love Chickenfoot!). I think they deserve to be inducted.

But my Kaleb's Rock Hall has the great bands that were left out. The Beatles probably are the highest honor in the Hall Of Fame history. Mine is Rush. Nuff' said!

Hits don't mean a thang if the music is good on it's own. Tom Sawyer and Highway Star have stood the test of time. Yet they're shunned!

And why Alice Cooper ain't in there I will never know! He invented Shock Rock (Bowie invented Glam..) for Pete's Sake!

kaleb,

Yes, the RRHF is more political than cable news networks and Jann Wenner has an unnatural dislike for genres like prog rock and thrash metal, but I still love seeing the bands honored. RHCP have earned their place. Hell, Flea alone has earned a place. The Faces performance was ace. Ronnie Wood is crazy and should be on meds if he isn't.

RE: Mother Love Bone - didn't they do a reunion tour recently with that cat from Stone Gossard's band Brad singing? Maybe it was a one off show?

I'm not a Chili Peppers fan at all, as I don't care for Anthony Kiedis's voice nor Frusciante's playing. But I like Flea and Chad Smith (cause' I love Chickenfoot!). I think they deserve to be inducted.

Sorry to hear that you're not a fan. Frusciante is one of the most gifted guitar players in rock history. His playing embodies the insanity of the sixties (Syd Barrett, Hendrix, etc) with its own modern touches. BloodSugarSexMagik is always on my list of top five favorite albums. Kiedis is the wild card. Sometimes his vocals are great. Other times he shifts in and out of pitch. At least his meter isn't too bad. And Chickenfoot? So much butt rock and fist pumping, I'll pass.

kaleb,

Yes, the RRHF is more political than cable news networks and Jann Wenner has an unnatural dislike for genres like prog rock and thrash metal, but I still love seeing the bands honored. RHCP have earned their place. Hell, Flea alone has earned a place. The Faces performance was ace. Ronnie Wood is crazy and should be on meds if he isn't.

RE: Mother Love Bone - didn't they do a reunion tour recently with that cat from Stone Gossard's band Brad singing? Maybe it was a one off show?

Sorry to hear that you're not a fan. Frusciante is one of the most gifted guitar players in rock history. His playing embodies the insanity of the sixties (Syd Barrett, Hendrix, etc) with its own modern touches. BloodSugarSexMagik is always on my list of top five favorite albums. Kiedis is the wild card. Sometimes his vocals are great. Other times he shifts in and out of pitch. At least his meter isn't too bad. And Chickenfoot? So much butt rock and fist pumping, I'll pass.

Ya, some of the performances are great. The political side of things shouldn't interfere with that though.

Frusciante is great, but I just don't get him. He doesn't speak to me like Satch or Lynch does. He does have a few good riffs that I like though. That's just my opinion.

I don't know about any Mother Love Bone reunion.....

Sorry, but I like Chickenfoot a LOT. Great guitar, great vocals (and backing vocals!), great rhythm section. Great songs. But that's just MY opinion. I actually think that the new Van Halen stuff is a little better than Chickenfoot, even though I miss Michael Anthony being there and DLR is really ruining it.....And I don't care for Eddie's newer tones. But it's EVH, so he makes it great.

And Jann Wenner has a unnatural foot in the ***......

Archived