Gibson Brands Forums

Loving my new Wildkat!

KNuw

I'm new to the forums and recently purchased an Epiphone Wildkat and all I can say is WOW! Best purchase I have made in a looooooong time. I'm a beginner guitarist and have only been playing for 5 months now. I think I will have this guitar forever. I plan on getting new strings for it today and changing them out...I know it's going to be a pain! Anyway, just wanted to let you all you have a new addition to the Epi family!

Congratulations on the Kat! And welcome to the forum. [biggrin]

We have a saying around here - "Pics, or it didn't happen".

So we need to see some pics of your Kat. Could you indulge us please? [biggrin]

Congratulations on the Kat! And welcome to the forum. [biggrin]

We have a saying around here - "Pics, or it didn't happen".

So we need to see some pics of your Kat. Could you indulge us please? [biggrin]

LOL I like you guys already...will post pics when I get out of work! :)

Welcome to the club.

Same as mine....in sunrise orange!! Isn´t she beautiful ??????????

One of the most beautiful guitars I have ever seen...I play it non-stop! I get so many compliments on it! Funny thing is when I ordered from GC, it was listed as Antique Natural which is a more yellow color. They shipped me the sunrise orange, which I think looks a lot better so that was very cool! ;)

I plan on getting new strings for it today and changing them out...I know it's going to be a pain!

Congratulations on the 'Kat! Good choice! [thumbup]

Here's a free tip for you: When changing strings, after you wrap the string through & around the Bigsby rollers, use a capo to hold the string taut while you work on threading it through the tuning peg. After you take up the slack you can remove the capo.

Enjoy~

So you have a Kat (Meow) and play it through a fender sp10? [confused]=;

Amp that came with my first guitar I ever bought...barely gets used lol. I use the amp in Rocksmith more than I use that amp....New amp is my next purchase!

Congratulations on the 'Kat! Good choice! [thumbup]

Here's a free tip for you: When changing strings, after you wrap the string through & around the Bigsby rollers, use a capo to hold the string taut while you work on threading it through the tuning peg. After you take up the slack you can remove the capo.

Enjoy~

Changed out the string yesterday without the capo (couldn't find it), and wow that was kinda difficult lol. Took me awhile to get them on but I finally did and am dreading changing them out the next time. Good thing I love that guitar or it might have gone through a window! :D

Changed out the string yesterday without the capo (couldn't find it), and wow that was kinda difficult lol. Took me awhile to get them on but I finally did and am dreading changing them out the next time. Good thing I love that guitar or it might have gone through a window! :D

Two things to remember when changing the strings. 1) bend the string at the end 90 degrees which makes it easier to slip on the stud and 2) if you don't have a capo, or can't find it, a pencil eraser, or (I use) the foam wedges women use to apply makeup to hold the string on the stud while you wind it. Just wedge the foam/eraser under the stud and voila! doesn't mark the guitar either. And as said, it gets easier everytime. It doesn't take me any more than an extra few minutes to change strings on my Bigsby guitars than it does any of the other ones. YMMV.

Two things to remember when changing the strings. 1) bend the string at the end 90 degrees which makes it easier to slip on the stud and 2) if you don't have a capo, or can't find it, a pencil eraser, or (I use) the foam wedges women use to apply makeup to hold the string on the stud while you wind it. Just wedge the foam/eraser under the stud and voila! doesn't mark the guitar either. And as said, it gets easier everytime. It doesn't take me any more than an extra few minutes to change strings on my Bigsby guitars than it does any of the other ones. YMMV.

Thanks for the heads up man! I will refer back to this thread next time I swap them out. You guys are awesome! ;)

it will get easier each time changing the strings, good job getting it done! [thumbup]

Thanks man! Encouragement is good....oh and I envy your Lucille! I want to own one someday!

Archived