Gibson Brands Forums

My First Marshall

JAC

I have a number of amps. They are different makes and models. I've been wanting a Marshall tube amp for a long time. I had a strong interest in the Class5 head since I had spotted one a few months ago. I have been reading and hearing from folks, that they are being discontinued. I had tried out the combo a few years ago and, was impressed by it. I went and got a head today, before they wind up getting sold out! Here are some shots of my new Marshall model C5H:

DSC01583.jpg

DSC01590.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

I agree with all of the above.

I had ALWAYS dreamed of owning one but never had the budget,

and when I finally got one, it was very much the equivalent of trading in the old Chevy beater for a sweet vintage Corvette.

Congrats on your first Marshall,you'll find that once you have one you'll want to get more.When I got my first Marshall I felt that I'd finally "arrived" and graduated to the big leagues,now the worst thing is that now I have a real hunger for anything Marshall.I'd like to get one of the little DA-5 or DA-10 modelling amps as they are really something else and sound great through a 4-12 cabinet,their hybrid amps are surprisingly good too.

Thanks folks, Played it through a 10" cab today and it thumped sweetly! I have to get or make a cab for it and, other amp heads I have! These Marshalls have a sound and feel to them. This is a loud 5 watts; the same way that a Pro Junior is a loud 15 watts!

Archived