Gibson Brands Forums

First gig today

Dub-T-123

I'm playing my first gig today with a band that I just joined about 2 weeks ago. I'm stoked!

We're opening for our friends in a pretty cool punk band that rents a studio down the hall from ours. We're hoping to play lots of gigs with them, but we'll see how this one goes. I'm confident that it will go well we've been practicing really hard.

Anyways, wish me luck.

I'm playing my first gig today with a band that I just joined about 2 weeks ago. I'm stoked!

We're opening for our friends in a pretty cool punk band that rents a studio down the hall from ours. We're hoping to play lots of gigs with them, but we'll see how this one goes. I'm confident that it will go well we've been practicing really hard.

Anyways, wish me luck.

good luck then!!

Playing through the silvertone tonight? Good luck man!

My friend let me borrow me his Carvin x100b half stack.

Thanks everybody! The show was great! We played well but unfortunately not a lot of people were there when we played. It's ok we kinda expected that since we were opening and it was a pretty small venue. We got a couple more gigs lined up last night though so that's pretty awesome

Congrats on the gig, brother! Yes, please post photos and links to your tunes once you have them.

What's with the silvertone comment? Is that the amp you're rocking now?

Thanks

I was telling Jeff the other day about a Silvertone that someone left in our studio. It's got 6 knobs and the head slides into a little compartment in the back. It's missing some tubes though so I haven't gotten to use it yet. Anyways, the stack I was using at the gig sounded pretty good

Congrats - or should I say, "Welcome to the Club."

My first dance combo gig was right at 50 years ago. It's great fun although you'll likely have some nights that didn't seem that way at the time.

m

Thanks

I was telling Jeff the other day about a Silvertone that someone left in our studio. It's got 6 knobs and the head slides into a little compartment in the back. It's missing some tubes though so I haven't gotten to use it yet. Anyways, the stack I was using at the gig sounded pretty good

Those old Silvertone tube amps are sweet. I know because I have a 1484. What kind of cab does it have? That'll probably tell you what model

1x15 - 1483

2x12 - 1484

6x10 - 1485

The 1484 was modeled after the Fender Twin Reverb and although it ain't a Twin, it can still push some sound waves. Supposedly the 1485 (what Jack White used on those early White Stripes albums) is LOUD. The 1485 was marketed as a bass amp although I hear it works well for guitar.

Congrats - or should I say, "Welcome to the Club."

My first dance combo gig was right at 50 years ago. It's great fun although you'll likely have some nights that didn't seem that way at the time.

m

Thanks. I figured that much, but at least our first show went well

Evol - sounds like its a 1483

Archived