Gibson Brands Forums

Playing for the TV Set.

retrosurfer1959

The post on not walking around the house with a guitar made me think of this. I will often sit on the couch with a guitar even while watching a TV show. I don't usually play it during the show but as soon as commercials come on it's time to play. sometimes I'll play a new piece I'm working on for the wife but usually I redo the commercials live with a audio track that I believe really improves the commercials as a general rule. It cracks my wife up and she uses it as one of the many points on her ever growing list to help prove that I'm crazy. But I think tv commercials have gotten pretty boring, so I'm just helping.

Am I the only nutcase that does this or do any of the rest of you sit on the couch and re score commercials and sometimes even the show if I can get away with it [tongue]

Hmmmm.........When watching TV, I always have a guitar with me, unplugged....It keeps me in practice......

Yeah, I practice as often as possible....I'm good enough to play along with, and improve any commercials, etc etc,

and, while doing so, since my wife is always with me, I often score........[flapper][drool][blush] :blink: [smile] .....That means putting the geetar down....eusa_whistle.gif ....

I'm never 6 feet away from a guitar.........[-( ....

Yep your not alone... I do that often just jam with the TV on.. its kinda cool when your practicing scales or something boring, plus as you say adverts suck balls, so any distraction from that is a good thing as far as im concerned..

I actually bought a guitar for that specific purose.. A mini Pignose one with a built in amp.. they are REALLY cool for that sort of thing.. a full scale neck and a mini body.. like this (they really are quite awesome, they have built in distortion and feedback really nice and headphone socket). Id play one one stage :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_3qB9z_Fss

I had one this colour.. check out when he turns it up

Archived