Gibson Brands Forums

Told Comcast To Shove It

Rocky4

Faulty reception throughout the house. Repairmen were unable to fix anything, and the last one said the house needed to be rewired and it would be costly. When I called to schedule the rewiring, I was told they would not do it. I had to have it done myself. It was finally rewired.....by Direct TVmsp_biggrin.gif......should have switched long ago. On a bad note, I kept the cable internet. Nobody comes close for speed.

... On a bad note, I kept the cable internet. Nobody comes close for speed.

Giddyup. That's the truth. Cable has the bandwidth. We haven't had any problems with Comcast's TV or digital voice either - knock wood. Of course it costs us $150 a month!

Faulty reception throughout the house. Repairmen were unable to fix anything, and the last one said the house needed to be rewired and it would be costly. When I called to schedule the rewiring, I was told they would not do it. I had to have it done myself. It was finally rewired.....by Direct TVmsp_biggrin.gif......should have switched long ago. On a bad note, I kept the cable internet. Nobody comes close for speed.

Ha!

I'm having the exact same problem with Direct TV.

Bad reception.

They won't rewire the house. It so simple. Connect the old wire to the new wire. Pull it through one side to the other.

No problem.

I've had nothing but great service with Verizon. One of our wireless routers burnt out after 2 years, and they sent us a better one for free with no extra charge per month.

Why would you use the ISP's router in the first place?

And to those of you saying that cable is the best for connection speed, you're wrong. Nothing can beat fiber optic internet service.

My mom is frightened by technology and doesn't want to upgrade, I've talked this over with her before. If she's comfortable, and it works, it's fine with me. I'd probably have something by Rosewill (at least, maybe the same one my boss has?) by now if not for her.

My mom is frightened by technology and doesn't want to upgrade, I've talked this over with her before. If she's comfortable, and it works, it's fine with me. I'd probably have something by Rosewill (at least, maybe the same one my boss has?) by now if not for her.

If you're ever in the market for a new router you should check out the new line of routers by Asus. Some of the best performing routers I've ever seen.

I like a lot of Asus' stuff. I might have to wait until I move out to really work with my battle station, though. That may not be long, though. I'm going to be going into HVAC, hopefully, and that's some decent money.

I've had Comcast for internet and when I have issues I call and "get angry" so I get a discount on my next bill. Shouldn't have to pay for faulty internet, right? Last time I called they just sent a letter informing me of my discount, I didn't have to ask. Pretty happy with the costumer sevice, but the technicians can be so-so. Some look deep into it, others just dabble and go.

I am SO glad I don't have tv. Not even regular channels. I waste enough time no the net as it is. If I wanna watch it THAT bad I will buy the complete season or the film.

And to those of you saying that cable is the best for connection speed, you're wrong. Nothing can beat fiber optic internet service.

They just had it installed in KC (about 2 hours North of me), I'm pretty jealous. I'm surprised people give Comcast positive reviews, a lot of friends I used to game with had awful connections using their service.

I dropped Comcrap a few years back, bad service. I finally became frustrated with terrible service techs and redid my whole house. Created a common junction box for all my incoming cables, routed everything out and labeled it accordingly. My OCD side took over. msp_biggrin.gif

I get very good service with them, been with them for years.

I currently get close to 30 megabit down for the 'Net which is lightening fast.

I was on Vonage for years, then almost two years back I bundled with them and got their phone service.

Also have some of their TV packages and DVR.

I always call up to and ask for a discount when the service goes down.

Ha!

I'm having the exact same problem with Direct TV.

Bad reception.

They won't rewire the house. It so simple. Connect the old wire to the new wire. Pull it through one side to the other.

No problem.

They all seem to bend over backwards for new customers, but won't lift a finger for the old ones. Luckily, there are choices

Archived